R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   ? about front wheel not spinning freely (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/391465-about-front-wheel-not-spinning-freely.html)

ckblood05 04-21-2010 03:22 PM

? about front wheel not spinning freely

ok, i put all new bearings from duratrax and rpm bearing carriers all four corners. the left front wheel spins great. the right front wheel don't spin nearly as good. i was driving it on my driveway and road, and noticed it drifts to the right when going straight. so i took the wheel off, took the axle out and checked everything. it all seems fine just like the other side. when i loosen the wheel nut, it spins a lot better. but all the wheel nuts are tightned the same. any ideas?

klaymon 04-21-2010 03:30 PM

My Losi does that with certain wheels I put on it. Just loosen the nut 1/8 of a turn if that and let it be. It's not going to be a problem.

ckblood05 04-21-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by klaymon (Post 7302321)
My Losi does that with certain wheels I put on it. Just loosen the nut 1/8 of a turn if that and let it be. It's not going to be a problem.

well, i took everything apart. as far as the axles. i switched everything to the other side, including the wheels. now the left tire don't spin as freely, and the right tire spins great. im guessing the axle is a little bent. i looked at it, but it didn't seem bent. but just a tiny bit will cause it to do that. yea i will loosed the wheel nut a bit for now. i'll get a new axle here soon and try that.

klaymon 04-21-2010 05:16 PM

Try switching just the wheels and see if the problem follows the wheel or the axle. Mine is entirely wheel dependent. If I have my rib tires on it, one of the wheels "sticks". When my taper pins are on, no problems.

ckblood05 04-22-2010 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by klaymon (Post 7302754)
Try switching just the wheels and see if the problem follows the wheel or the axle. Mine is entirely wheel dependent. If I have my rib tires on it, one of the wheels "sticks". When my taper pins are on, no problems.

ok, i will try just switching the wheels.

storytyme 04-22-2010 12:32 PM

I would double and triple check that all parts are straight and in tact.

ckblood05 04-22-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by storytyme (Post 7306489)
I would double and triple check that all parts are straight and in tact.

yea i looked at them pretty good. the guy at the hobby shop said since i was told to back the wheel nut off a bit, to use some thread locker on the wheel nut after i back it off some. to keep it from loosening up more. it spins fine now. was going to get new axles and try that, but they were out of stock. i mean even if thats not whats wrong, i'll only be out $3.00. plus i'll have 2 extra axles.

bowl806 04-22-2010 04:06 PM

Did you try what klaymon suggested--just loosening the nut a bit and a little locktite?

klaymon 04-22-2010 04:12 PM

You don't need Loctite. As long as you have a locknut on the axle and the nylon part of it is engaged on the threads it's not going anywhere.

ckblood05 04-22-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by bowl806 (Post 7307243)
Did you try what klaymon suggested--just loosening the nut a bit and a little locktite?

yup thats what the guy at my hobby shop said to do also. that worked good.

ckblood05 04-22-2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by klaymon (Post 7307265)
You don't need Loctite. As long as you have a locknut on the axle and the nylon part of it is engaged on the threads it's not going anywhere.

yea i kinda figured so. i put a little bit on. better safe than sorry. besides, there cheap ones i got from ebay. they are blue aluminum, but feel like plastic. but they have the nylon part.

bowl806 04-22-2010 05:36 PM

cool-- Glad it worked!!