Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Durango DESC410R Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I run the Proline Raptor body and the 22SCT hi flow.

I'm keen to try the JConcepts HF2 as it has even more room around the wheels and is low profline.

Originally Posted by Nick_66
Hi everyone,

As you already know Team Durango has officially gone out of business which I really regret! Parts are still available on Ebay, but the body is going to be a problem.

I have a TD DESC410Rv2 and one still new unbuild in box.

I really don't like the stock body so I am looking for a better replacement. The stock body isn't very strong and rips easily.

I have been advised to use the Proline EVO body and been told that this body will fit the DESC410Rv2. I am not sure if the back will fit the rear bumper.

Which replacement body will fit the DESC410 best?

Is this car still worth it to upgrade? Thinking of getting alu shock caps (lower and upper) and some alu option parts.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Reflexia
I run the Proline Raptor body and the 22SCT hi flow.
I'm keen to try the JConcepts HF2 as it has even more room around the wheels and is low profline.
Hi. The Raptor body will fit better then the Proline EVO?

Could you post some pics of your TD DESC410 with the Raptor body? Would really appreciate that!

The rear of the Raptor body fits over the rear bumper or does it stick out?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by czrlaker
Personally I used my 22sct bodies with no problem. Line up almost perfectly, so I assume any body that fits the 22sct works.

I am currently running my truck in a 2wd configuration @ Ricochet indoor carpet and will be running it as a 4wd during the Top Gun shootout in December.

As to must have upgrades. For me personally, RPM A-arms and Exotek RR hinge pin holder Because the stock aluminum one broke.
DEX410 RR HANGER 3 DEGREE - Exotek Racing

Stuff for convenience I would say Exotek servo mount because its a pain to work on the servo in stock form.

Also I run the exotek rear skid/weight because I run a single shorty.

And last I this option because of the price but not necessary.
Team Durango Gear Insert Weight Set DEX410 - TDR220002 | eBay
Hi.

What about the upper shock caps? Is it worth it to upgrade them to the alu ones?
Old 10-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi.

What about the upper shock caps? Is it worth it to upgrade them to the alu ones?
This is my second DESC410 and I personally have never had any kind of issues with the stock shocks.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi.

Pure bling. The Durango ones require inserts and move differently, but really, nothing amazing there. If you have money to burn

These are worth it though if you're not using the slipper much

http://www.exotekracing.com/desc410-...for-gear-diff/

and the clamping hexes are more sturdy ( and allow better shimming for less wear on the bearings).

http://www.exotekracing.com/desc-15mm-locking-hex-2/

Last edited by Reflexia; 10-05-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Anyone have a nice DESC410 Roller for Sale. PM me if you want to sell
Old 10-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are people using these for now, carpet racing? I have one as well and it is fast. Just can't run with Teknos as they break them!
Old 10-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by platgof
What are people using these for now, carpet racing? I have one as well and it is fast. Just can't run with Teknos as they break them!
I ran with teknos (carpet track) it performed well. I was able to keep up and even lead sometimes against sponsored drivers. I did get banged up, if we collided yes, I would definitely get tossed around (never broke due to a collision) but I really preferred how light and nimble my truck was in those conditions. On dirt however, different story never felt completely in control and more contact with the heavier rigs.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What source is everyone using for parts now. Items like spur gears and drive shafts. Really miss racing this truck and considering it again but would need parts support to keep me on the track.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was lucky enough to get a heap of parts when i got my durangos. I originally had 2 of them, took one apart for more parts. So i now have about 10+ Assorted Driveshafts and 8 spare spur gears.

I would look around on online stores, last time i checked Amain still had a heap of stuff, but only a couple of different lengths of drive shafts and 1 spur gear which was only 48p.

Good luck on your search. This truck is quite nice. i secured a 3rd at my first racing event and first ever time at an rc track in the u16 juniors. I was beaten by a Yokomo 4WD Mod and a 17.5 2wd who luckily got a 1st and 2 3rd's whereas i had 3 seconds :P
Old 10-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Caradha
I was lucky enough to get a heap of parts when i got my durangos. I originally had 2 of them, took one apart for more parts. So i now have about 10+ Assorted Driveshafts and 8 spare spur gears.

I would look around on online stores, last time i checked Amain still had a heap of stuff, but only a couple of different lengths of drive shafts and 1 spur gear which was only 48p.

Good luck on your search. This truck is quite nice. i secured a 3rd at my first racing event and first ever time at an rc track in the u16 juniors. I was beaten by a Yokomo 4WD Mod and a 17.5 2wd who luckily got a 1st and 2 3rd's whereas i had 3 seconds :P
I have had a couple of them in he past. Miss running Pro4 and really liked the Durango truck. I moved recently and Pro4 is the biggest class here. Really the only truck I like how it handles. Won just about every race I ran for year with only a couple weekends not due to brain fart crashing and breaking out. Test drove a Losi 2.0 and Tekno .2 but don't really care for them. Seen a few around for sale but scared about the parts knowing they are done supporting their stuff.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Had this vehicle with the FF Racing chassis. It was money on carpet, period.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Wish I could have run that chassis. The extra weight of the dual shorties is welcomed, currently run a single shorty and had to add weight. And just to sum it up with durability. After replacing the arms to RPM and the rear hanger and rear hubs to exotek, oh and I have the carbon fiber shock towers. I cant think of anything else breaking. Honestly im going to get spare drivetrain and have 2 of each spurs and I should be good. With the upgrades its been really strong and haven't broken anything.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This truck was totally dominate on our 80x60 indoor high bite clay track. If I didnt get bashed into, I won every single race with it. Like an idiot, I traded it for a Tekno (love the truck for outdoors) and was 2nd to 3rd every race. I wish I had that truck back.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 05PSD
This truck was totally dominate on our 80x60 indoor high bite clay track. If I didnt get bashed into, I won every single race with it. Like an idiot, I traded it for a Tekno (love the truck for outdoors) and was 2nd to 3rd every race. I wish I had that truck back.
Funny you say that, I had sold mine a while back because there was no 4wd SC races near me. Recently purchased another one and had to re-buy the upgrades. I always regretted selling it the first time. Long story short, I run it in 2wd and 4wd successfully.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.