Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on losi strike

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

I never said the 4 X 4 Slashes were junk, I said there is quite a few people selling them. I think the Slash line of vechiles are very good out of the box.

The Strike out of the box has the electronics advantage though since it supports Lipo and 2.4 ghz radio for $139.00 but the parts are fragile (based on what people are posting about them)
Old 04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
i heard it from a couple team losi racers, if there not discontinued yet, they will be soon. they are selling them dirt cheap to get rid as many as they can before getting stuck with them
they are not discontinued...... they are what they are ,a cheap RTR if you buy it you must upgrade alot of stuff but in the end its worth it. I fits certain driving styles and is usually the only Losi on any given track. I went thru a love- hate relationship with it but its still my main racer. Some guys have fat wives and some guys race the Strike. That's life buddy.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Thats another way of putting it.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by outlaw355
What do yall strike owners think of the truck. Also people that have drivin them or have seen them run
dont listen to those who put down the Strike, is it perfect? no ...but i have heard guys blowing the blitz outrdives regularly, that does not give me the right to go bash HPI, all 200$ RTR are gonna need some kind of upgrade to run with the pack. When I first put down the Strike at the track it only lasted for 4 minutes. The dogbones were bent so much after just some shake down laps that they were rubbing on the arms and I had to retire for the day. The track did not have the cv joints yet, eventualy I got everything good for it and now I race it with out even a care in the world . Also most people who bash the Strike have never run it or even seen one up close. Short course is a fun class (its better than cake). and now that you can buy it for under 150$ RTR its VERY worth it.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
I've owned 2 of them, and they do have some nice features. HOWEVER, until they have them fixed, and they have been running without the soft materials problem, I'd stay away. A couple things they did have going for them is nice shocks, jumped good when setup properly, and it turned, almost too good.

If you can pick one up super cheap, plan on aftermarket turnbuckles, ball diff, steel tranny gears, B/L system, new electronics all the way around really.

That being said, it's probably not worth it.
If you can buy it for 125$ BND and upgrade it its worth it. I never did buy a RTR on road car and think I was gonna go compete with the fastest guys on the track, its nuts to think that way. Did Losi drop the ball? absolutely! They lost many loyal customers and worse yet , they tarnished their reputation. But lets hope they learned their lesson....SC is the most popular class now at almost every track but people who do on line research on the Strike stay away, ......So Losi dropped the price and now everybody is taking a second look.And some will buy it, but with the info available on these threads anybody can make it a solid truck.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I just snagged one a couple weeks ago for 119, that's the RTR for 119!! Anyway... after all my reading I decided on two hop ups from the start, the CVD's and the Front Pivot Block +36 shipped for both from myatomic. I did the 'casper' setup and dropped in my spare losi sensored 17.5 system and this thing is an animal on the track even with stock tires tonight I beat the crap out of a hpi blitz that was running goose bumps and a couple slash's. Everyone had 17.5's or stock motors and the stock motors are much quicker than the 17.5's iMO, they just burn up too fast for my liking.

Anyway we shall see how long the tranny last and some of the other complaints but I'd almost bet money the weak dog bones that bend and twist end up getting jammed up and throwing way too much pressure on the tranny causing most of the issues. So far w/ the cvd's I've had none.. maybe some just have really bad throttle control as well.. heh

PS I'm running the stock diff, some like the ball diff's but to each his own.. they are great for quick adjustments but other than that I don't find they reduce my lap times enough to get it for this truck.

With all that said, My main race truck is a dialed ae sc10 with a 13.5 and it kicks rear and I'm a ton faster for laps, but I do think the strike has the edge for small jumps and does turn great right out of the box.. maybe with the 13.5 and aftermarket tires it would be as fast, but I'm not going to waste anymore money to find out 1 dailed truck is enough.

PSPS I just snagged another strike for my other daughter to play with and one for my brother.. at 119 for a RTR it's pretty hard to pass up.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 04-20-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up WELL

Well,if your looking to go from box to TQs,a Strike won't do it but,if you like to play with a truck that has a chance to be a TQget a Strike.I enjoy playing so I bought one,changing things as I go and like the truck.Is it a Corvette,NO but it's fun to figure it out.The 1st place point man at our track in Stock SCT is driving a Strike and doing a very good job of beating the Blitzs and Traxxas trucks and RC10s.Anybody who thought they could buy a $140.00 truck and have it perfect,I got an old RC car for sale that you can race against a new anything and bitch cuz it stinks TOO!
Just my 2cents!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
they are junk and losi knows this, thats why they are discontinued, they will have a new sc truck out before christmas.
This is just not accurate. I inquired directly with contacts at Losi as I've been actively racing this truck and have been told it's not discontinued. They are getting over some issues and have lowered the price to get more trucks out there.

I took this truck out of the box, put the CVD's in it and a brushed mod motor and was competitive. I wore out some idler gears after extensive running and notched some of the original outdrives. I stayed on top of them and replaced them as needed.

My father is a newbie and he is running a BOX STOCK Strike that is newer than mine. It must have the newer parts. He broke one turnbuckle that should have broke. Outdrive wear is totally minimal on the newer pieces. He is just bashing the truck outside and it has taken some pretty good abuse. I've seen the body.

As far as my truck, it now has an Xcelorin 13.5 brushless combo, all the Losi blue aluminum parts, Lunsford turnbuckle set with Losi 8ight ends, new ball diff, CVD's, and a better steering servo. It is VERY good in mod class. I've been playing with setups and had it pretty competitive on our indoor track. Now that we're moving outside, I'll start working on a different setup.

My point - Take advantage of the price of this truck. You can run it stock and you can also modify it and have a competitive ride. It will work as a street basher and also something you can race.

Good luck and let me know if I can help...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im not canceling my order I like to change things out on everything I own so I already planned on changing gobs of parts, I was just kinda upset that RPM dosent make anything for it. I also kinda like the idea of paying 150 for a 2.4 ghz and a truck. So as of now Im glad I bought it and also glad that I know what to expect to replace so I can get a start on buying things.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
MDB
Suspended

It's crap
Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Its a rc car. I think they all have their issues. You have to admit, the lowered price makes it attractive just to see what can be done with one.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iamogre
Its a rc car. I think they all have their issues. You have to admit, the lowered price makes it attractive just to see what can be done with one.
+1 Great project truck.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Where are you guys finding it for $120 RTR new?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got mine for 128+18 shipping on ebay rtr. I was expecting to have to change some things Im also looking forward to getting it. at 150 I can afford to do alot to it
Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MDB
It's crap
The "crap" TQ'd at Silverstate a few weeks back in full out mod class. It takes time, patience and some parts to make it work.

Here's a teaser: Have you seen how to mount the battery under the chassis yet? Pretty simple and it works...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.