R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   2wd or 4wd (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/39067-2wd-4wd.html)

cencalballer 04-23-2004 07:57 PM

2wd or 4wd

i want to start racing ofroad buggies either electric 2wd or electric 4wd which do u think would be better i have never driven either but i have driven a stadium truck if that can compare
any info on the 4wd drive buggies out there would be apprcietated too

Racer_Chick 04-23-2004 08:04 PM

I just started running off-road not too long ago and I drive a 2wd B4 and It's awesome! A lot of people told me to go with 4wd because I was used to running a 4wd Sedan and 2wd would be really hard to get used to, but it really wasn't. I'd only raced it 3 times before the Losi race and ended up 23rd in stock. I've driven a stadium truck, as well, and noticed that it had a lot more steering than the buggy but wasn't any harder to drive. I haven't driven a 4wd yet, so I don't know how they run. I know the most popular one out now is the XXX-4, but the new BJ4 is pretty highly anticipated. It's hard for me to give an unbiased opinion, since I haven't driven a 4wd. Just my .02 :)

cencalballer 04-23-2004 08:12 PM

thanks if i went 2wd id definetly get the b4
im an associated guy somewhat
but i saw a conversion kit for ssome asscioated car but the xxx-4 is really popular where i am for the 4wd who makes the bj4 thats the first ive heard of it and im guessing associated but thanx for the info

ZeroSystem 04-23-2004 09:25 PM

I will always suggest goin 2wd first, see if you even like buggy. Its easier to tune AND to afford, also 4wds are alot more maintanence

Aaron Waldron 04-23-2004 11:30 PM

There is often a lot more participation in the 2wd class, and should you decide to get a truck also, they share many of the same parts.

Racer_Chick 04-24-2004 07:52 AM

The BJ4 isn't actually made by Associated, but it was designed by Jason Ruona and Brad Reelfs (Who both run for AE) right before the worlds last year. Jason ended up in 13th overall in 4wd with the prototype. The name of the company is actually J-Concepts and they also market bodies for the B4, Mugen 1/8th scale, and I believe the T4. :)

cencalballer 04-25-2004 03:37 PM

how soon will u be able to get one?
i havnt looked at the website yet so i dont know

craziracer 04-25-2004 06:46 PM

get the team losi XXX BK2

cencalballer 04-25-2004 08:16 PM

if i got a 2wd id get the b4 no questions asked i dont like the bk buggies dont kow why but i dont

Aaron Waldron 04-25-2004 10:31 PM

Warning.

The Losi/AE dispute is stopping right here..no more useless posts.

Cain 04-28-2004 11:14 AM

For 4wd your choices for now are limited pretty much to the yokomo or losi vehicle. since you try to stick with AE ( as do I ), the yokomo may be a good choice to go with.

For 2wd, the FTB4 should be out soon, if you have the money for a 4wd vehicle you probably have the money for this one.

A darkhorse 4wd vehicle I am looking at is the Academy SB sport buggy. The design looks sound on it and i have gotten good reports on it from europe. Its only $199 shipped as well. you probably can pickup a B4 for about $130 or less used just in case, all together for the price of just one XXX4GP+ buggy.

Though that is only if you are interested in being different, really different :D

cencalballer 04-28-2004 04:39 PM

im not always an associated guy but i like a lot of their products
i reLLY LIKE THE XXX4g+ and the regular one
but i think that the bk buggies are a little bit behind plus i think the associated body looks better
i may be geting like four depending on how things go
im trying to do aDVERSTISMENT AT laguna seca raceway to spark the interest here again i think itll make mad money in tc's, electric buggies and maybe mt's

Aaron Waldron 04-28-2004 05:45 PM

What makes the BK2 behind technologically versus other buggies?

I'm interested to hear this.

Doughty 04-29-2004 07:33 AM

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
What makes the BK2 behind technologically versus other buggies?

I'm interested to hear this.

Mee too, I see the BK2 as being one step ahead.

Cain 04-29-2004 11:35 AM

I would like to know what makes the BK2 ahead...

From what I gather, you are buying buggies for people to run and generate interest? Is that correct?