Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The "Show Off Your Off-Road Wiring" Thread >

The "Show Off Your Off-Road Wiring" Thread

Like Tree14Likes

The "Show Off Your Off-Road Wiring" Thread

Reply

Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM
  #811  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (151)
 
Ray Kindstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JP.R View Post
My TLR 22 2.0
Very nice!
Ray Kindstrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:56 AM
  #812  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Bobby Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JP.R View Post
My TLR 22 2.0
How do you like the Reedy Wolfpack? I considered buying a couple but the low C rating made me try something else
Bobby Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:59 AM
  #813  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (203)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,340
Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)
Default

Hi JP, car looks good man.....Hey, tell Dustin I said wassuuuup.

BOBBY Z : If you run mod class in 2wheeler it wont matter, the lower C rating will make a smoother power delivery that is more linear/controllable......you really only need a high C rating for spec classes.

Last edited by Trevor Williams; 12-17-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Trevor Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:58 AM
  #814  
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,380
Default

Malin's new Xray XB4 2WD carpet setup running Orca electronics.

Orca VXX ESC
Orca TX7.5T motor
Orca Infinite Ultra 90C | 6000mAh saddle packs (just released)
Hitec HS-7940TH Servo
Futaba R614FF receiver









Bent
BentKa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:51 PM
  #815  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (24)
 
KAWIDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oviedo, Fl
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Malin's new Xray XB4 2WD carpet setup running Orca electronics.

Orca VXX ESC
Orca TX7.5T motor
Orca Infinite Ultra 90C | 6000mAh saddle packs (just released)
Hitec HS-7940TH Servo
Futaba R614FF receiver









Bent
Very nice man. I saw your pics of it in the Xb4 2wd thread and was wondering when you were going to throw it up here and "Show it off" a bit. Again,looks awesome(sounds like its running just as good)
KAWIDAD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:55 PM
  #816  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hawkes Bay. New Zealand
Posts: 292
Default

Not finished but getting there, it's an Sworkz Buggy.



RossNZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:24 AM
  #817  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:25 AM
  #818  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
froggie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Malin's new Xray XB4 2WD carpet setup running Orca electronics.

Orca VXX ESC
Orca TX7.5T motor
Orca Infinite Ultra 90C | 6000mAh saddle packs (just released)
Hitec HS-7940TH Servo
Futaba R614FF receiver



Bent
Awesome! I'm going to have to up my game..
froggie22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:16 AM
  #819  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
PhilippineEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

@BentKa: so clean it needs to get dirty! Awesome job.
PhilippineEagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 AM
  #820  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 68
Default



Nothing special. But digging some of the all black wire setups here. Can my wires be painted or covered some how? or would i just have to solder in black wires? I suppose its probably not worth it just for the look lol.
hypertek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 AM
  #821  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
fq06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,628
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

You can use a sharpie marker for the servo and ESC signal wires, the black power wires that you see have been soldered in but you can probably hit that with a sharpie too... not sure haven't tried.
fq06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:50 AM
  #822  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Captcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ocala, fl
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Or if you have a heat gun, shrink wrap works great and is easier than resoldering wire, or using a sharpie.
Captcha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:44 PM
  #823  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by hypertek View Post


Nothing special. But digging some of the all black wire setups here. Can my wires be painted or covered some how? or would i just have to solder in black wires? I suppose its probably not worth it just for the look lol.
Ok my new (2nd hand) replacement chassis came in.


I went and shrinkwrapped. Wow I love the look. ALot better imo.

Now only issue i can see is the thickness of the wiring/shrink wrap that travels underneath the battery.. the battery is seesawing on it. Should i just remove the shrink wrap in that area?

Also any advice on keeping the excess wiring down on the chassis? dab of glue maybe? I dont think i got any shoegoo, but got plenty of hot glue guns.. maybe just a tiny dab?
hypertek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
  #824  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Posts: 1,571
Default

Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
Also any advice on keeping the excess wiring down on the chassis? dab of glue maybe? I dont think i got any shoegoo, but got plenty of hot glue guns.. maybe just a tiny dab?
Small dab from a hot glue gun works just fine. Easy to use, easy to remove (if necessary).
JiuHaWong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
  #825  
Guest
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south fulton tn
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
Ok my new (2nd hand) replacement chassis came in.


I went and shrinkwrapped. Wow I love the look. ALot better imo.

Now only issue i can see is the thickness of the wiring/shrink wrap that travels underneath the battery.. the battery is seesawing on it. Should i just remove the shrink wrap in that area?

Also any advice on keeping the excess wiring down on the chassis? dab of glue maybe? I dont think i got any shoegoo, but got plenty of hot glue guns.. maybe just a tiny dab?
take the shrink wrap off the wire under the lipo and use black electric tapeto keep the wire in place.
radio shack has little bitty wire holders that will stick to the chassis I got to get some for mine.
but over all ur install looks great!!!!!!
kyoshoracer77 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service