Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
PROLINE POWERSTROKE SHOCKS >

PROLINE POWERSTROKE SHOCKS

PROLINE POWERSTROKE SHOCKS

Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default PROLINE POWERSTROKE SHOCKS

looking to find some stiffer springs for my proline shocks /slash 4x4,that will work any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Bypass

I thought this would be a thread with info about the shocks... so since it's not... I think it should be.

My main question is... what is the benefit/purpose of the bypass shock on these?? What type of control is achieved by utilizing them?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The dual spring setup provides more tunability. The upper spring is a softer rate than the lower, softening the effective spring rate before it collapses and the lower spring takes over as the sole spring rate.

Where this helps most is on a rough track- the softer initial rate will allow the your truck to absorb the undulations in the track without upsetting the vehicle, but then in cornering and jump landing the firmer rate will help with body roll and help to reduce extreme bottom out from happening.

Pro-Line offers a full spring tuning kit with different rates for the upper and lower springs for the front and rear.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
The dual spring setup provides more tunability. The upper spring is a softer rate than the lower, softening the effective spring rate before it collapses and the lower spring takes over as the sole spring rate.

Where this helps most is on a rough track- the softer initial rate will allow the your truck to absorb the undulations in the track without upsetting the vehicle, but then in cornering and jump landing the firmer rate will help with body roll and help to reduce extreme bottom out from happening.

Pro-Line offers a full spring tuning kit with different rates for the upper and lower springs for the front and rear.
ahh okay.. i get it.. that's pretty neat.. i'll see how that works
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Any idea how many holes are in the shock piston?