Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated announces Factory Team SC10!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It's about time they did something about the shocks. What about all graphite plastics?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7958
Just found this.. Pertty much says the same thing..
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hope they release it soon, a little premature but nothing on Tower, or Stormer.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by z50kgin
what does dual shock cap mean? i dont get it

i just got a used pair of ft shocks for my sc10, shoot
Dual cap usually means the normal cap on top and then a cap on the bottom for loading the o-rings. If that is what they mean in the press release it's about dang time. Hopefully they will have the front buggy shock body available as well so I can get rid of those clips on my b4 and b44 too.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crawler
If it is released at roughly the same price as a FT T4 ($225.00ish) w/ the JConcepts tires and foams, the legendary Stealth tranny w/ ungraded slipper and a ball diff, new shocks, and the upgraded suspension changes announced for the RTR SC10, I think the ESE and the USC are in big trouble.

Associated is laying the smack down!
Why so?

There is hardly a part in this kit that hasn't been out for what, a decade now? Is there much in the kit that most folks aren't running right now?

The only interesting bit in the whole billboard is the shocks...are they a new/improved design?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Dual cap usually means the normal cap on top and then a cap on the bottom for loading the o-rings. If that is what they mean in the press release it's about dang time. Hopefully they will have the front buggy shock body available as well so I can get rid of those clips on my b4 and b44 too.
oh sick, like losi shocks. why are continuing to put the cap on the top when there will be a cap on the bottom? no one likes the cap on the top, and it just seems like more to blow off when you are racing
Old 04-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Why so?

There is hardly a part in this kit that hasn't been out for what, a decade now? Is there much in the kit that most folks aren't running right now?

The only interesting bit in the whole billboard is the shocks...are they a new/improved design?
***WARNING! I AM AN AE FAN!***

IMO, the only issues w/ the SC10 was the lack of rear grip, poor stock tires and for some, the shock design. Even w/ those issues, the current SC10 is one of the predominate racing platform available.

Associated has raised the bar, addressed these issues, and then some. W/ the addition of the FT version w/ the listed upgrades, new geometry and adjustability makes the FT SC10 all the better

Let's face it, as good as the Blitz is, it's just a SC10 clone (just as the Firestorm was a T4 clone) w/ it's own issues and the ESE is HPI's version of a "FT" edition. Looks to me like Associated is going to trump their Ace w/ this release.

The USC is also really nice, but unless Kyosho releases a SP edition, the FT SC10 offers more bang for the buck.

I'm sure the HPI and Kyosho supporters will have a different opinion, but that how I see it.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Did anyone notice this?

Factory Team V2 dual-cap hard-anodized shock bodies with threaded collars

Might we finally be seeing some new shocks from Associated?
What?!? AE needs new shocks?!?

IMO, the only issues w/ the SC10 was the lack of rear grip, poor stock tires and for some, the shock design. Even w/ those issues, the current SC10 is one of the predominate racing platform available.
Lack of rear grip is an understatement. I bought my SC10 thinking that it would be close in feel to my T4 but was SADLY mistaken, and thats why I
got rid of it. With this kit, I may just have to buy one for outdoor
season......
Old 04-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz
What?!? AE needs new shocks?!?
I don't have any issues w/ my shocks, but I've been building AE shock for nearly 30 years.

Lack of rear grip is an understatement. I bought my SC10 thinking that it would be close in feel to my T4 but was SADLY mistaken, and thats why I
got rid of it. With this kit, I may just have to buy one for outdoor
season......
It was easy enought to correct, but w/ the FT version, you won't have to.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

I'm an AE fan also...

All metric hardware througout? 12mm hex wheel fixment for industry standard wheel choice and the ability to rotate? Address servo saver issues? Shocks I'd like to see.

Dig the SC10, drive one myself, but there IS room for improvement. This is another Taco Bell taco with the same 10 ingredients created in reverse and given a different name.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

I'm an AE fan also...

All metric hardware througout? 12mm hex wheel fixment for industry standard wheel choice and the ability to rotate? Address servo saver issues? Shocks I'd like to see.

Dig the SC10, drive one myself, but there IS room for improvement. This is another Taco Bell taco with the same 10 ingredients created in reverse and given a different name.
Absolutely, there is always room for improvement. I too dream of all metric hardware and for the life of me I don't understand why Associated hasn't adopted the 12mm standard on the B4/T4/SC10 lineup, the TC line up uses 12mm hexs, why not the off road line up?

Never had a servo saver issue myself, so no need to "fix" it IMO.

I guess when you start w/ the best burrito, it's hard to improve?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

The Blitz may be a "clone", but it's a damn good clone with a few tweaks..(just like any other truck out of the box)
The ESE decked out will easily give the AE SC10 FT a run for it's money.
We can debate all day which truck is better, it comes down to the driver alot of times. The Blitz drivers(racers) in my area murder SC10's...That doesn't mean it's a "better" truck though...

To each his own....

I'm glad AE is improving upon a good truck.... 4X4 SCT 10th scale would be nice..... I bet if HPI did it, AE would follow suit or vice versa......
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

For the life of me I don't understand why Associated hasn't adopted the 12mm standard on the B4/T4/SC10 lineup, the TC line up uses 12mm hexs, why not the off road line up?
I'm with you. I converted mine over to 12mm hexes from the Blitz.

Rear hexes fit right on and are held in place with their supplied set screws.

The front upright, spindle, axle assembly from a Blitz bolted right on with slight enlargement to the outer hinge pin hole on the SC10 arm upping it to a 3mm pin.

Geometry is near dead nuts the same, all stock hardware and turnbuckles work perfectly.

This allows you a variety of wheels and offsets to chose from. The new Pro Line wheels for their Slash Pro Trac conversion work really well.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dear god yes. All metric would make make my day. I loathe having a mix of metric and ASE. 12mm hex would make consolidation of wheels much easier for people with multiple cars. Fixing that weak servo saver plastic so it doesn't always strip out would be a big plus as well.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I sold my SC10 because I didnt like the way it drove after driving a Blitz. I am glad to see the 4 deg rear blocks. That is what this truck needed more than anything.

I mite think about getting one. But I have to say the new White Blitz has alot of goodies on it as well.

I want to see how they beefed up the chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.