Wiki Posts
Search

which Radio???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats good advise

I went from a M11 to a DX3S and I love the 3S. However it was a big change going from the M11 BRICK to the 3S which had no weight to it at all. I actually added lead weight to inside of my 3S.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I've had a DX3s since October, it's worked flawlessly. Never have any range issues like people say, it never comes unbound. I love it, would not but anything else but Spektrum. Would like to get a DX3r but like having the telemetry for checking heat. I was never able to get the RPM thingy to work, but who needs to know RPM's?
There is a lot if disinformation and heresay on this thread. Listen to SaladFork. He is right. The DX3S is a really nice radio. I have beat mine up and had no range issues or any other issues. I have in the past had the fastest radio made (Nomadio) and yes I can tell a difference in the speed, but not enough to make me want to buy the DX3R. I like telemetry option and there is a guy here on RCTech that sells the DX3S system new in the box for $210 shipped to your door. I paypal'ed him and it was on my door two days later. I have been happy with the decision.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
There is a lot if disinformation and heresay on this thread. Listen to SaladFork. He is right. The DX3S is a really nice radio. I have beat mine up and had no range issues or any other issues. I have in the past had the fastest radio made (Nomadio) and yes I can tell a difference in the speed, but not enough to make me want to buy the DX3R. I like telemetry option and there is a guy here on RCTech that sells the DX3S system new in the box for $210 shipped to your door. I paypal'ed him and it was on my door two days later. I have been happy with the decision.
Just out of curiousity how is it heresay to suggest that someone holds as many radios as possible before dropping money on a radio? Just because the DX3S works out great for you doesn't mean that the original poster will like it. On the other hand he may love it and never want to change. My only suggestion is to hold one before buying it.

As for the guy on here selling them for $210 he (wheelie boy) is an awesome seller, I purchased my first DX3S from him.

On aside note, Horizon provides awesome customer service if you do end up going with a Spektrum. I broke the display on my first one (completely my fault) and they fixed it free of charge even though I was ready to pay for the repair.