R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default E-Revo axles

Hey.. just looking for a bulletproof axles...

Im running the MMM esc + 2770KV motor and 4s lipos, And I'm broking too much axles.

I already loose the slipper a litle, but if i loose it more, it starts slipping too much..

Now the question:

VS

jorge_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the thin ones. havent seen the black ones yet.
pswag115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

First pic doesn't show for me - have no idea which ones those may be.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Sorry for the pics. here they work fine...

The question is between the summit axles, or the traxxas CVDs...

What do you guys think?
jorge_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge_rc View Post
Sorry for the pics. here they work fine...

The question is between the summit axles, or the traxxas CVDs...

What do you guys think?
I bashed and raced a e-revo for 2 years and snapped 1 axle and it was really my fault over time the holes strech on the stockers and you need to swap out the shaft (they make shaft packs, or just buy sets off ebay).

Exactly how are you thrashing your axles? The only thing that usually breaks them is when you land jumps WOT on ashpalt or concrete OR if you are doing crazy crap like standing back flips. In either case keep in mind you are moving the weak point from an external part to an internal part. If your axle doesn't give, it will fall to your diff and that is a lot hard to repair. I suggest tweaking your driving your just letting the slipper be looser even though you feel it is too loose, go to a dirt race track one day and listen to the 1/10 wind up their slippers.. its very noticable.

PS If I switched I'd go w/ the summer axles, keep in mind two are long and two are short.. you want long ones all the way around.
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I bashed and raced a e-revo for 2 years and snapped 1 axle and it was really my fault over time the holes strech on the stockers and you need to swap out the shaft (they make shaft packs, or just buy sets off ebay).

Exactly how are you thrashing your axles? The only thing that usually breaks them is when you land jumps WOT on ashpalt or concrete OR if you are doing crazy crap like standing back flips. In either case keep in mind you are moving the weak point from an external part to an internal part. If your axle doesn't give, it will fall to your diff and that is a lot hard to repair. I suggest tweaking your driving your just letting the slipper be looser even though you feel it is too loose, go to a dirt race track one day and listen to the 1/10 wind up their slippers.. its very noticable.

PS If I switched I'd go w/ the summer axles, keep in mind two are long and two are short.. you want long ones all the way around.
Good advice. I am looking into this.
Like you say landing on wot can do damage. My room mate detonated both his front and rear diffs with his summit axles while wot.

I want to upgrade to these, but if something has to give, id rather it be a axle than a diff so i dont have to tear the whole thing down. So ajusting the slipper would be better for landing, is that what you are saying?

Is this really a viable option? in a give take sitsuation, what do most of you run?

Also the summit axles were a direct bolt on, no modding to fit. What is the benefit of having the equal lengths?
Thanks
dugann is offline   Reply With Quote