Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mugen mbx5t E conversion help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You can also contact RC-Monster.com he has the motor mounts and battery trays sold seperate. rcproductdesigns.com is another company that sells electric conversions.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

last year I converted a 5T with dual battery trays. Loved it. Upgraded to the 6T and went with a single battery set-up. The single battery set-up from rc-m, is very, very balanced. 1 advantage of a single battery, is less batteries to haul to the track, and my charge times are cut in half (charging 1 x 4 -6s instead of 2 x 2 or 3s - make sense?)

Here is my current 6T set-up. It's pretty much amazing. Get about 15-18 minute runtime depending on track and how hard we are racing. I am running Flightmax 5800's.

I also have the build thread on rc-monster when I used to run a 2 battery pack set-up: http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23388

Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (79%+)

whoa man that thing looks so mean, really simple paint but damnn lol, thanks for the info guys but one main question im still scratchin my head about, can i simply get a motor mount and battery tray and do the conversion or what else is involved ? i really like the idea of a single battery because like you said its more time to charge and an extra battery i haveta buy and haul around
Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by livetocrawl
whoa man that thing looks so mean, really simple paint but damnn lol, thanks for the info guys but one main question im still scratchin my head about, can i simply get a motor mount and battery tray and do the conversion or what else is involved ? i really like the idea of a single battery because like you said its more time to charge and an extra battery i haveta buy and haul around
Yes that's all you need. You may need to get creative and reposition receivers and servos, but that's the fun part of doing conversions. Go to rc-monster.com and look at conversion parts. I am also real curious about Mr. Wong's (elite) motor mount. I feel 1/8 scale electric is only going to get better and better every year.

Nice job going with Mugen. Top notch quality.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (79%+)

yea i had alot of a toss up between jammins, assoicated, mugen and xray but i think i like the mugens the best ive heard alot of good stuff about them. i checked out your build thread, so with the rcmonster mount you get the servo mount with it ? or was that the mbx6t only? do you have a build thread of the mbx5t?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by livetocrawl
yea i had alot of a toss up between jammins, assoicated, mugen and xray but i think i like the mugens the best ive heard alot of good stuff about them. i checked out your build thread, so with the rcmonster mount you get the servo mount with it ? or was that the mbx6t only? do you have a build thread of the mbx5t?
yes, you get the servo mount with the motor mount. Great quality.