Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo Sack

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCore
charge on a metal surface where nothing could possibly ignite around it, place a good smoke detector close to your charging location, keep an extinguisher close by and first and foremost take care of your batteries charge and balance as directed and do not over discharge them.
Never thought about the smoke detector/alarm... that would be a GREAT idea.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

BUY LOCAL!!! Support your local economy!!!

I got, I think, a $15 charge bag from my local hobby shop! Its just big enough to fit my 3S, and its high-quality!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TheCore
then make it your first line of defense... charge on a metal surface where nothing could possibly ignite around it, place a good smoke detector close to your charging location, keep an extinguisher close by and first and foremost take care of your batteries charge and balance as directed and do not over discharge them.

... and if spending the additional $15 on a "liposac" gives you peace of mind then by all means do so, but still consider the additional precautions.
If your going to race, ROAR guidelines mandate a charging bag!!! It sucks, but its true!!!

Most local racetracks do too, cause they don't want you burning the "house" down, lol.