Search

STRC SHock towers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default STRC SHock towers?

THese are for a slash 4x4

Are these worth the extra money? I have to get new ones and I was just curious if the aluminum was worth it? I have had issues with the plastic threads pulling out when working on the towers?? I know how to use tools and I am not overtightening them or using the wrong tools... just bad or weak plastic i guess... for the frustration factor it may be worth the extra 10 bucks per tower but I just would like to know if they are a true up grade or just for looks...

thanks

Last edited by jnelson214; 03-21-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

shameless bump for opinions....
Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnelson214
shameless bump for opinions....
Bent one big time at hemet this weekend but then again the jump was big enough to clear a school bus and landed square on my roof. Their stuff is good though.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Bent one big time at hemet this weekend but then again the jump was big enough to clear a school bus and landed square on my roof. There stuff is good though.
cool! At least now we know what it takes to bend one

Send me an email if you need a replacement, we'll work out a great price for you

Steve
Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

got some hinge pins from STRC for my Slash and as soon as $$$ magically appears will be getting more stuff from them: forget those e-clips!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamstrc
cool! At least now we know what it takes to bend one

Send me an email if you need a replacement, we'll work out a great price for you

Steve
Thanks Steve you guys are the best. Hey by the way I want to mention that the aluminum motor plate and the motor mount to that you guys sell is awesome. It takes big temps off the motor besides the strength advantage it is like a functional heat sink. I get temps all the way out to the edge of the truck so you know it is pulling heat. And to be clear I definately bent the tower with my lack of landing a slash like an airplane skills.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks Steve you guys are the best. Hey by the way I want to mention that the aluminum motor plate and the motor mount to that you guys sell is awesome. It takes big temps off the motor besides the strength advantage it is like a functional heat sink. I get temps all the way out to the edge of the truck so you know it is pulling heat. And to be clear I definately bent the tower with my lack of landing a slash like an airplane skills.
Glad to hear the parts are working out well.

Sometimes with Short Course Trucks, when you take on big air, the body becomes sort of a parachute and keeps the truck going up up and up...often result in "entertaining" landings

Here's my email directly

[email protected]

Thanks for supporting our products

Steve
Old 03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Seriously off the jump cars were 15 ft in the air at least and at full speed. Was great for eigth scale but not very short course friendly lol.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Seriously off the jump cars were 15 ft in the air at least and at full speed. Was great for eigth scale but not very short course friendly lol.
So are you saying its worth the extra money to get the towers.... I need new ones anyhow so its just a matter of some extra money... I heard the screws or something didnt fit correctly?? what is needed there?

thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

So are you saying its worth the extra money to get the towers.... I need new ones anyhow so its just a matter of some extra money... I heard the screws or something didnt fit correctly?? what is needed there?

thanks
Yes I think they are worth it for sure and I will be getting some replacements. As for the screws you just need to use the longer ones that are included in the kit. Seriously my truck was going like 30 and landed on the roof hard very hard.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I have recently bought the STRC Shock Towers, Motor Mount, Motor Plate, Hex Adapters, Bell Cranks, and a Battery Strap. All of which is quality stuff. Screw holes were perfect.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

THese are for a slash 4x4

Are these worth the extra money? I have to get new ones and I was just curious if the aluminum was worth it? I have had issues with the plastic threads pulling out when working on the towers?? I know how to use tools and I am not overtightening them or using the wrong tools... just bad or weak plastic i guess... for the frustration factor it may be worth the extra 10 bucks per tower but I just would like to know if they are a true up grade or just for looks...

thanks
Their stuff is high quality. I had a rear shock tower, rear hubs, and battery strap on my SC10. That truck took a beating, but nothing of theirs ever bent or broke. Since then I've been buying a lot of their parts for the Blitz, Slash 4x4 and Slash 2wd.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Very High quality. We are building a Blitz display truck for Spy Optic and are using all of the orange strc options. The fit and finish is great on these.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I just installed a set of front and rear STRC shocks towers on my 4x4 PE Slash and I noticed the truck had better handling.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:43 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Have the STRC shock towers, motor plate, and servo saver. Extremely happy with all the parts. Great quality, all parts dropped right in without any modification, and all parts are very strong. Screws will no longer strip or back out of the tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.