Wiki Posts
Search

I need help with my Hyper 10SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I need help with my Hyper 10SC

There's so much information out there about this truck and the motors that people are putting into it, and it's just overwhelming me.

I've got a Havoc Pro/HV 4.5 combo that I got from Nitrohouse. It runs fine at the large track outdoors, but that thing thermaled on me when I went to a tight, 1/10 scale indoor track! I'm using the 14 tooth pinion on it with a 2s lipo.

At any rate, what do I do now? I keep hearing the Havoc Pro/HV 4.5 combo tends to run hot in small tracks. Do I keep this combo and gear it down? Do I buy a better ESC and stick with the motor? Or, do I start all over again with a Castle Creations combo that is offered at Nitrohouse with the Hyper 10SC, and for that matter, should I get the Mamba Max Pro esc instead of the standard Mamba Max.

I want a combination that can be run at both the large outdoor track and the small indoor track available to me without worrying about burning up my stuff, and I'm going to stick with 2S lipo because I have 5 of those and I don't want to invest anymore money on batteries right now.

Thanks,
Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had always heard that this combo runs cool. For a tight indoor track, the first thing I would do is gear down with a smaller pinion. That might resolve it.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, Gear down. probably to an 11 or 12 tooth pinnion.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emu67
I've got a Havoc Pro/HV 4.5 combo that I got from Nitrohouse.
Call me crazy...I'm sure many will, but...

I can not believe that this ESC, being used in combination with this motor, is a good idea. This is a 1/10 scale, 3.5 turn limit ESC being sold and used with a 1/8 scale, 4.5 turn motor. I understand that the kv rating on the 4.5 HV motor is only 5000 but, the watts rating on this motor is 890 (a normal ballistic 4.5 turn is 620 watts). To me, this seems like a lot of strain on this ESC.