Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to buy LIPO's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Now, locally I think we have he best deal going, us locals just did a group order to www.hobbywinner.com so most have our lipos for a while now, but where the lhs comes in, they also did a big order for them selves, so we can go there, get our lipos for about $35 that are great, and still support them as the biggest issue with most lhs's is they don't have any 'cheap' lipo's, only from those who sell to horizon hobby. The big delema is cost when it comes to lhs lipo's so the new owners of ours is doing there best to save people money to get the same thing, like bulk things like deans, cheap lipo's and are starting tamiya mini racing in there parking lot on weekends. I don't think the issue is supporting lhs's, its the cost involved when you can save $50+
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think its understandable from both sides of the coin, you guys in the UK
get screwed. I travelled to New Zealand and other areas and couldn't believe the prices on there electrical stuff. If you guys think its expensive in the US
go Uk once, heck I seen some stuff with 400% markups. I buy local for 2 reasons to support the track I race at , and to know that my money stays local. I can also understand when your a broke guy, I boughten used motors
when need be. I know what doesn't help is when Horizon under cuts prices that LHS sells at. Also remember some hobby shops probably have deals
of what other products they can not sale in there shop. I get great deals when I ask, free shipping on any special orders, and a tab if I need it, because they know I am going to pay. I still like the local support and the abilty to talk to some one face to face. I do my research prior to buying , but value a LHS guys opinion that I have known for a while on a product. I hold no grudge to a guy that buys from over seas, but at the same token I hold no ill will to a LHS to treats that same guy as a subpar buyer. The overseas market keeps some of the crap hobby shops honest in pricing IMO.

Dynodan22

Dynodan22
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Promatch Racing .com
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Turnigy and Zippy lipos from Hobbyking / hobbycity are great !
Yep, they are awesome batteries. problem is they are CONSTANTLY out of stock on the higher capacity batteries lately.

Originally Posted by MotoRider42HC
YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!!!

Support your local, American economy!!!

Hobby shops will generally let you place a special order...
I buy most new things from my LHS. But the prices on their batteries SUCK! I can get 3 Zippy or Turnigy batteries for the price of one "American Branded" battery that is probably actually made in China anyway.

Originally Posted by SuicideNeil
1st post, hey everyone! Long term reader, old hand at electric MTs and such, so Im not another annoying noob.

+1 for hobbycity lipos.

I appreciate that supporting your local lhs is always preferable- much quicker to walk down the road to get parts and such, but not everyone has an local lhs ( I dont ), and some lhs' dont have the user's interests at heart when they offer advice or recommend certain items; I know that from experience whenh I visited the nearest lhs in another town ( Im from the UK btw ).

If you want to buy American ( most lipo cells are made overseas regardless, then imported and assembled = overheads & profit margins $$$$ ), try the Blue lipos from hobbypartz.com; similar to the hobbycity stuff, and only $5 shipping too.

Otherwise, visit allerc.com and look up the Hyperion G3 packs, top quality stuff for a good price. Or anything from rclipos.com for that matter- all the top brands.
The Hobbypartz batteries look like they are restickered HobbyKing batteries. Actually they probably buy from the same factory. BUT, same problem as with HobbyKing right now. EVERYTHING I WANT is out of stock.

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
Now, locally I think we have he best deal going, us locals just did a group order to www.hobbywinner.com so most have our lipos for a while now, but where the lhs comes in, they also did a big order for them selves, so we can go there, get our lipos for about $35 that are great, and still support them as the biggest issue with most lhs's is they don't have any 'cheap' lipo's, only from those who sell to horizon hobby. The big delema is cost when it comes to lhs lipo's so the new owners of ours is doing there best to save people money to get the same thing, like bulk things like deans, cheap lipo's and are starting tamiya mini racing in there parking lot on weekends. I don't think the issue is supporting lhs's, its the cost involved when you can save $50+
Do they come off the price much when you do a large order? The prices aren't all that impressive compared to HobbyKing/Hobbypartz prices for the same capacity.