Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What makes a short course truck? >

What makes a short course truck?

What makes a short course truck?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What makes a short course truck?

I'm preparing to get back into rc racing after being out for a long time. It seems like SC trucks are all the rage right now so I'm thinking about going that route but I have a couple of questions.

What makes a short course truck? I know several manufacturers are making SC trucks, but besides that what are the specifics of a SC truck?

From what I've read the main things required are a SC truck body and SC tires and wheels. Is this all that's required? Can you take a 2wd buggy and change the body and tires/wheels and be legal? Same for a traditional 2wd truck?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manderson View Post
I'm preparing to get back into rc racing after being out for a long time. It seems like SC trucks are all the rage right now so I'm thinking about going that route but I have a couple of questions.

What makes a short course truck? I know several manufacturers are making SC trucks, but besides that what are the specifics of a SC truck?

From what I've read the main things required are a SC truck body and SC tires and wheels. Is this all that's required? Can you take a 2wd buggy and change the body and tires/wheels and be legal? Same for a traditional 2wd truck?
Short course are the width of a 2wd truck, but more than 1.5" longer chassis. You can't just slap on SC tires and body on a buggy or truck.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default roar sct rule

you can check roar rule for sct. http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=10
Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a truck that can run only run a short course.. say...1m or so.. lol