Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
FT RC8 or Hyper 9e >

FT RC8 or Hyper 9e

FT RC8 or Hyper 9e

Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Questions?? FT RC8 or Hyper 9e

Hey guys, I bought a brand new Factory team RC8 by mistake( I thought it was a RCB, my fault) and am wondering if it would be a better buggy than my OFNA Hyper 9e that I am already using? The RC8 has had the service pack installed but still has the carbon fiber shock mounts and the small shocks. I race at a OCRC which is a indoor clay track. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

return it. Get the new caster car, its badazz. I like my Ve8 too, the 9E looks like a sweet car also just parts avail kinda sucks. I dont know why either.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik View Post
return it. Get the new caster car, its badazz. I like my Ve8 too, the 9E looks like a sweet car also just parts avail kinda sucks. I dont know why either.
what are you talking about Nitrohouse.com has everything in stock for the Hyper 9e.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

The Caster does look really good. The reason I am trying to choose between these two is because of parts availability at the track I race at. Both the OFNA and AE have a good parts supply at the track I race at.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking at the 9e thread because I was going to get 1 I decided not to because some stuff guys have to get it from specialrc on ebay and what not. I coud be wrong on that, but you can get ve8 parts anywhere. I like the 9e, but I like to spend my $ at certain shops too so its just the choice I made. There were 9e owners a while back when the car 1sty came out bitching about getting parts over seas ect look at the beginning.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 269 (100%+)

I have had both the Factory Team RC8 converted as well as the Hyper 9E.

I would say between the two, I preferred the Hyper 9E. It just felt more planted and changed directions faster than my RC8 conversion, and I was quite happy with that one.

As for parts availability, main reason I bought parts from special-rc was that it was cheaper than ordering from Nitrohouse. When I had a bad shock (they revised them, got the earlier ones), to order a replacement shock body and the springs wasn't cost effective compared to order an entire set of shocks that came with the blue springs from special RC.

If you go with the Hyper 9E, make sure and do the following:

- Boil front lower a-arms
- Do hyper 8.5 upper a-arm mod if don't have newer style upper a-arms (you can get this on ebay dirt cheap with the titanium turnbuckle too)
- Get the Answer RC rear chassis brace
- Do the Tekno mudguard mod
- Use a VE8 style body

If I didn't sell my vehicle to help get my daughters into RC, I would have kepted it. Was one heck of a car.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

I would say between the two, I preferred the Hyper 9E. It just felt more planted and changed directions faster than my RC8 conversion, and I was quite happy with that one.

As for parts availability, main reason I bought parts from special-rc was that it was cheaper than ordering from Nitrohouse. When I had a bad shock (they revised them, got the earlier ones), to order a replacement shock body and the springs wasn't cost effective compared to order an entire set of shocks that came with the blue springs from special RC.

- Do hyper 8.5 upper a-arm mod if don't have newer style upper a-arms (you can get this on ebay dirt cheap with the titanium turnbuckle too)
- Use a VE8 style body

If I didn't sell my vehicle to help get my daughters into RC, I would have kepted it. Was one heck of a car.
Thanks Cain. that was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

- Use a VE8 style body

-Elite Rc Motor Mount(also a must have)