Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantrell8 View Post
i got one of them.. but it comes with a hole car
Lol funny, is the sweet talking helping Jonathan??
Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantrell8 View Post
i got one of them.. but it comes with a hole car
i dont want a hole car. maybe the whole car
Old 10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

My car is working better than ever right now. My usual setup but with that new weight layout is awesome.

Waiting on a new pair of rear outdrives to arrive, still using the original ones which have had great wear but are fairly pitted now (lots of track time with a 7.5 motor). Once those arrive, the car should be awesome through the bumps.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Racing went okay for me yesterday. They did a track change today so they left the track dry for racing last night, because of this the track was kinda slick. I didn't have the right tires, but my car was okay. I have been running Randy's setup, with a little more weight. I made changes each time I put the car on the track. It was better each time. If I had the right tires I think the car would have been on pace. 3 laps into the main I landed perfectly off the triple and the left rear a arm exploded. I have been running the car since it came out and it has taken a few hard tumbles so it must have been cracked. Oh well, I am just happy that the car responded so well to the changes I made. Next time the track will be a new layout, watered, and I will have the right tires.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Been playing around with my setup a bit more, really feel like I have found the perfect weight placement.

14 grams on the sides of the servo, 14 grams at the front of the battery, 10 grams at the rear of the battery, and 21 grams behind it. Total of 59 grams added, 28 right in front of the battery, 29 right behind it. Maybe I'll get one of those RudeBits under battery weights and call it a day

I am also going to be driving one of the TRF801XE prototypes, that will most likely take over for the time being as my 2wd and 4wd cars both have great setups. Trying to get interest up in the 1/8 EP buggy so that it can make it to production!
Get driving that 8th EP, would love to see that thing get released!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Get driving that 8th EP, would love to see that thing get released!
Trust me, I want it to get released as much as anybody. I sent a few ideas over that will also benefit the nitro cars, so hopefully we see some of those come to life soon as well
Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Arnold at Petitrc.com was nice enough to fill out a setup sheet using my current setup and where I place the weight. The setup can also be found at teamtrf.com
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got back from Hong Kong (I live in China about 2 hours away) and picked up my kit and a few spares.

Just want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone here who has been giving advice on what spares to get with the kit and for the build tips which I will re-read before starting to build it.

Shopping list (with part numbers for those interested) Total damage was about $270usd

TRF201 kit
2 bodies 54210
1 wing kit 54211 (might try something else on 2nd body)
Reinforced 52T ball diff gear set 54262
Dual Block tires K (Rear) 54186 (have the fronts here at home already)
77T spur gear 54219
25 degree hub carriers 54244
Reinforced F parts (front arms) 54265 to use instead of kit ones.

Couldn't find the imperial front axles anywhere but should be able to order them here in Guangzhou.

Need to get some electrics and then get my a into g and hunt down the local track.

Most of the stuff I bought from the rcmodel.com store. They seem to be the only ones stocking 201 parts at the moment but the diff gears (action hobby) and one body were from other places.

Last edited by renjie; 10-24-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to say where I got the goods from.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

so.,.. i saw one of these in action for hte first time yesterday and I must say... I am very impressed.

Super smooth and looks incredibly easy to drive. I have been debating on waiting for the DEX210 to come out... or get this. After watching a guy BORROW this car, and TQ with it after one practice pack... i was very impressed.

And the price point is not bad either!

The only thing that really is stopping me is carrying parts for two different companies...

What "IS" breaking on these cars?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
so.,.. i saw one of these in action for hte first time yesterday and I must say... I am very impressed.

Super smooth and looks incredibly easy to drive. I have been debating on waiting for the DEX210 to come out... or get this. After watching a guy BORROW this car, and TQ with it after one practice pack... i was very impressed.

The only thing that really is stopping me is carrying parts for two different companies...

I picked on up to run until the DEX210 comes out, haven't run it yet though. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the track this coming weekend. I've got Durango springs on it front and rear to start out with
Old 10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post

The idler gears were breaking, but Tamiya has since revised the material, and we don't have that issue anymore. Other than that, I haven't broken a part on my car yet, but I have seen someone break a rear hub carrier. The car is tough!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

The idler gears were breaking, but Tamiya has since revised the material, and we don't have that issue anymore. Other than that, I haven't broken a part on my car yet, but I have seen someone break a rear hub carrier. The car is tough!
Agreed, I've done around 6 or 7 meetings in total and just finished a 3 day (including practice) event indoors here in the uk, and despite a fair few barrel rolls on hard surfaces and also some MAJOR jumpage a couple of times onto the solid floor I haven't bust a single thing, from when it was first built!

I also find it such a "friendly" car to run, handling wise it has very few vices, and I have never had a 2wd which jumps so well, very little side to side roll and a very good arc to it's flight! Very impressed with it so far!!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ordered mine friday from speedtech! Cant wait to get it.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
ordered mine friday from speedtech! Cant wait to get it.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have during your build!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have during your build!

Ok thanks Randy! I ordered triples of everything arms diff gears all that kinda stuff and all I could find was a .5 rear hubs. Looking forward to the build!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.