Search
Like Tree21Likes

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Jimmy - looks really cool man! Are you planning on doing a complete conversion set for the 201 over to SC?
Randy,

We don't want to move on it until we hear back from Japan.

To convert it would make it one of if not THE most expensive SCT out there.

But we are working on more "production" parts so we can get the "other guys" stuff off of the truck
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

A little build help please...

In step 7 (Rear arms), the diagram indicates to put the rear upright marked 'R' on the left arm, and the one marked 'L' on the right arm. It's not just a typo because the parts detailed in the diagram agree with this.

My impression would be to put 'L' on the left and 'R' on the right (). Is there something I'm missing?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
so Those who have really raced the buggy, how do you guys like it? My LHS usually stocks LOSI/AE/KYOSHO parts and nothing for the Tammy. So for me to get this thing it has to be exceptional. Give me some good input and how u think it stacks up against the comp.

I dont want to hear any biased opinions. Or how you like the blue aluminum...how does it perform?
I carried my TRF201 into the bedroom, climbed into bed, lay the car in all its glory on the wifes pillow, I told her, Get the hell out, She was upset and confused but when she laid eyes on the TRF201 you she knew her fate was sealed, with tears in her eyes she told me she understood and left the bedroom....
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
I carried my TRF201 into the bedroom, climbed into bed, lay the car in all its glory on the wifes pillow, I told her, Get the hell out, She was upset and confused but when she laid eyes on the TRF201 you she knew her fate was sealed, with tears in her eyes she told me she understood and left the bedroom....
You are a very sad person.

Please seek help.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by reenmachine
A little build help please...

In step 7 (Rear arms), the diagram indicates to put the rear upright marked 'R' on the left arm, and the one marked 'L' on the right arm. It's not just a typo because the parts detailed in the diagram agree with this.

My impression would be to put 'L' on the left and 'R' on the right (). Is there something I'm missing?
Just do it, it´s correct to have them switched like that.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

yes, the kit hubs are 0' hubs, but if mounted the correct way, the camber links will be at the wrong angle.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I tried my hand a racing and ended up breaking my front right A-Arm on my TRF201 last night doing a really really stupid bone head pass maneuver on quickly made track at a friend's house however till then the buggy drove AMAZING! The new A-Arm is going to be here this weekend, so it will be fixed asap.

The funny thing was I ended up doing the rest of the lap because the bad A-arm was pointed away from me and I didn't notice it, I just notice the car started to pull to the right slightly and when it came around I was like AH CRAP!

Here are some pictures:

Thanks guys!
-Disjaukifa
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF2WD thread-dscn6021-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-dscn6022-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-dscn6023-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-dscn6024-small-.jpg  

Last edited by disjaukifa; 08-24-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

u have a PM
Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
u have a PM
You have a reply

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Metla
Thats pretty funny, but you gotta admit... Your R/C car will never ask for money, complain, you can break it and fix it. Beat the crap out of it(thats what a traxxas is for) The 201 should be treated like this hahah. But IMO id want the GF/Wife in bed rather than the car
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Up&comer
Thats pretty funny, but you gotta admit... Your R/C car will never ask for money, complain, you can break it and fix it. Beat the crap out of it(thats what a traxxas is for) The 201 should be treated like this hahah. But IMO id want the GF/Wife in bed rather than the car:eek:
I could not agree with you more on that comment!

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by disjaukifa
I could not agree with you more on that comment!

-Disjaukifa
u have another pm
Old 08-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I tried my hand a racing and ended up breaking my front right A-Arm on my TRF201 last night doing a really really stupid bone head pass maneuver on quickly made track at a friend's house however till then the buggy drove AMAZING! The new A-Arm is going to be here this weekend, so it will be fixed asap.

The funny thing was I ended up doing the rest of the lap because the bad A-arm was pointed away from me and I didn't notice it, I just notice the car started to pull to the right slightly and when it came around I was like AH CRAP!

Here are some pictures:

Thanks guys!
-Disjaukifa

Your original post said you wanted to sell the car after one run !!!!!

What happened? Are you still selling it? A bit silly to buy then sell it immediately
Old 08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cannon
Your original post said you wanted to sell the car after one run !!!!!

What happened? Are you still selling it? A bit silly to buy then sell it immediately
I was frustrated with the car and my lack of ability to control it honestly, I mean I hadn't even gone through one whole Lipo pack before I broke the Front A-Arm and was just annoied

I don't really have a track that races my class around here, but I'm still going to keep the TRF201 and just practice and try to learn some control with it. Even with the 17.5T Brushless system I seem to be spinning the rear end too much on exit from corners.

Till I drove this car, I thought I was decent at driving RCs, I have good control and judgement of distance with my Clodbuster, but its also a much much slower compared to the TRF201.

I just need improve my skill to be able to drive it more effectively.

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

I was frustrated with the car and my lack of ability to control it honestly, I mean I hadn't even gone through one whole Lipo pack before I broke the Front A-Arm and was just annoied

I don't really have a track that races my class around here, but I'm still going to keep the TRF201 and just practice and try to learn some control with it. Even with the 17.5T Brushless system I seem to be spinning the rear end too much on exit from corners.

Till I drove this car, I thought I was decent at driving RCs, I have good control and judgement of distance with my Clodbuster, but its also a much much slower compared to the TRF201.

I just need improve my skill to be able to drive it more effectively.

-Disjaukifa

This is not a clodbuster. Nor is it a basher...like I told you earlier. This is a TRF machine. They are made to race. Try to find a track you can learn on and we can all help u settle down the rear end. Try not to be trigger happy exiting corners, or entering for that matter. With 2wd itll bite u in the ass if you dont do it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.