Tamiya TRF2WD thread >

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by costcommando View Post
so i finished the car last night, painted the body and put electronics in it today and drove 3 packs thru the car at the track and it drives great. i like ryans setup but it doesnt have enough turn in for my liking. but the car is planted in the turns and jumps and lands really smooth. ill post a pic of my car soon.

how long did your guys idler gear last before it stripped out. im just waiting for it to happen
we will work on your car tomarrow! ill show u how to make it turn!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Coming soon from Yeah racing is a complete gear set for the car made from Dupont 500 plastic (Delrin)
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF2WD thread-gears.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so i finished the car last night, painted the body and put electronics in it today and drove 3 packs thru the car at the track and it drives great. i like ryans setup but it doesnt have enough turn in for my liking. but the car is planted in the turns and jumps and lands really smooth. ill post a pic of my car soon.

how long did your guys idler gear last before it stripped out. im just waiting for it to happen
How long did it take you to build? All I did last night with mine was assemble the tires and paint the body .

I'm getting better at painting bodies, but I still managed to make a mistake on this one, its was my first attempt at doing a two tone paint job, which would have been perfect if I had had a little more patient with the taping, though if you look at my other RCs I have done this one is BY far the best.

I'll post pictures tonight of the body.

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by disjaukifa View Post
How long did it take you to build? All I did last night with mine was assemble the tires and paint the body .

I'm getting better at painting bodies, but I still managed to make a mistake on this one, its was my first attempt at doing a two tone paint job, which would have been perfect if I had had a little more patient with the taping, though if you look at my other RCs I have done this one is BY far the best.

I'll post pictures tonight of the body.

-Disjaukifa
it took me about 6 hours. i was taking my time making sure i didnt make a mistake but i found one i made. i forgot to locktite the front axle screws but no biggy. painting took like 2 hours for my car. im not patient enough to do any better then what i did lol.

your gonna like the car
Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

it took me about 6 hours. i was taking my time making sure i didnt make a mistake but i found one i made. i forgot to locktite the front axle screws but no biggy. painting took like 2 hours for my car. im not patient enough to do any better then what i did lol.

your gonna like the car
Yeah that is what I was thinking for the kit looking at it. It will probably take me two days (I have to do it while my son and wife nap ). I already have the body painted and the tires mounted. I can't wait to get this thing built and running, my sons going to love watching!

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah that is what I was thinking for the kit looking at it. It will probably take me two days (I have to do it while my son and wife nap ). I already have the body painted and the tires mounted. I can't wait to get this thing built and running, my sons going to love watching!

-Disjaukifa
it was a fun kit to build. nothing to out of the ordinary except they put parts for certain steps in different bags. the shocks were simple to build to. the diff was easy. just take your time and enjoy
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

hey stitchy i just ordered some parts from your website last night
Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone got the hop-ups so you can run amercian size bearings and rims like the ones on losi and associate.

I recall seeing 48 pitch spur and pinions as hop-up parts along with axles and bearings.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey stitchy i just ordered some parts from your website last night
Thanks, we're shipping it out as we speak!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

it was a fun kit to build. nothing to out of the ordinary except they put parts for certain steps in different bags. the shocks were simple to build to. the diff was easy. just take your time and enjoy
Good to hear I can't wait to get into it and start building it. I think this will be the fastest RC I will have owned to date. Its also the first on many fronts for me. First Brushless, First Lipo, First TRF, First 2WD buggy I've built.

I'm excited

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Good to hear I can't wait to get into it and start building it. I think this will be the fastest RC I will have owned to date. Its also the first on many fronts for me. First Brushless, First Lipo, First TRF, First 2WD buggy I've built.

I'm excited

-Disjaukifa
have fun man
Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Thought I would post pictures of the paint job, haven't gotten to building the kit actually, just did the body work. First I suck at cutting the bodies and secondly I suck at paint, but this was by far the best paint job I ever did. If it wasn't for the crappy job I did on the nose, I would consider it perfect.

Tell me what you think

-Disjaukifa
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF2WD thread-0820101808a.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-0820101808b.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-0820101808c.jpg   Tamiya TRF2WD thread-jpeg_reencoded.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Dis, Body looks good!

I built mine in like 3 and 1/2 hours(drill with clutch) or else it would have taken me more like 6. Loving the car, trying to find a good set up on my own. Gonna try Randys this weekend, and may make some Changes. Anyone from Tamiya other than me going to be at the Pro-Line Surf City Race?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Up&comer View Post
Dis, Body looks good!

I built mine in like 3 and 1/2 hours(drill with clutch) or else it would have taken me more like 6. Loving the car, trying to find a good set up on my own. Gonna try Randys this weekend, and may make some Changes. Anyone from Tamiya other than me going to be at the Pro-Line Surf City Race?
I started with randy's setup, then tweeked a few things. now im running faster then i ever have.

setup changes. 2ed hole on front shocktower
running 27 1/2 losi oil front 22 1/2 losi in the rear
and a total of 2oz of weight. 1/2 oz in both rear triangles. 1/4 oz infront of speedo/receiver and 1/4 oz on each side of the servo.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

}
Originally Posted by Up&comer View Post
Dis, Body looks good!
Thanks! I've only finished through the first 6 steps on the build, but I'm taking my time to do it. I hate dealing this those TINY ball bearing . . . . but it works SOOO well. Can't wait to get it finished and running!

-Disjaukifa

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.