Tamiya TRF2WD thread >

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
Oh, you mean hubs with vertical ball studs. They are better because you can adjust the roll center with spacers. If you space the ball stud so it is in line with the horizontal ball studs on the stock hubs, it will handle the same. Aluminum hubs usually weigh a little more, not to mention they are harder on bearings.

I doubt very seriously that you could notice the difference in speed running 3 of toe versus 4. It may lock the car in too much, but people like their cars to handle differently. The main thing is that you are comfortable with how your car handles for your driving style. That will result in the lowest lap times and the least amount of crashes.
in 17.5 blinky on med to high grip id bet you a $1 you would
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi all,

What other servo horns are you running if not the std one? Bit difficult to find std ones right now!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi all,

What other servo horns are you running if not the std one? Bit difficult to find std ones right now!
I'm using the Losi aluminum one for the 22.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just picked up a 201, got a few hopups ordered for it, what is this cut t plate mod i keep reading about, i couldn't seem to find the original post about the mod? I am going to be running stock buggy with a novak club esc and a ballistic 17.5. My hopups i ordered are 3deg front and rear toe blocks, 1deg rear uprights to run flipped to give me 2 deg toe, the exotek +8mm kit 25deg caster blocks and a few other things i am forgetting. Anyone have any build tips, i got a 3mm tap after reviewing the manual?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bhilly82 View Post
Just picked up a 201, got a few hopups ordered for it, what is this cut t plate mod i keep reading about, i couldn't seem to find the original post about the mod? I am going to be running stock buggy with a novak club esc and a ballistic 17.5. My hopups i ordered are 3deg front and rear toe blocks, 1deg rear uprights to run flipped to give me 2 deg toe, the exotek +8mm kit 25deg caster blocks and a few other things i am forgetting. Anyone have any build tips, i got a 3mm tap after reviewing the manual?
The exotek kit replaces the t-piece anyway, but I believe the mod was cutting the 2 vertical screw holes off so it no longer screws to the upper bulkhead?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
The exotek kit replaces the t-piece anyway, but I believe the mod was cutting the 2 vertical screw holes off so it no longer screws to the upper bulkhead?
Pretty much, though this article will explain it best, I think.... http://www.petitrc.com/setup/tamiya/...eModification/
Old 02-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

i see now what the t plate mod is. How good are the kit bearings, should I just build it with the included ones, or should i just upgrade them right off the bat?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

In terms of build tips, I think the big one is be careful when building the diff. The instruction calls for the diff to be flipped but its not apparent when looking at the picture.

Also for me, instead of ball studs i use ballnuts and screws. When ball studs snap, I have to toss the part its screwed into. If i use screws I can just unscrew and replace.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

i see now what the t plate mod is. How good are the kit bearings, should I just build it with the included ones, or should i just upgrade them right off the bat?
I ran the Exotek kit when I first built my 201 til I tried the cut T-plate setup. I couldn't believe how much better my car was. I never looked back since I made the switch and my results just keep getting better.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Added the 5* weighted bulkhead and XV-01 rear hubs for tonight's club race. The car was friggen awesome! I love this car so much more than my B4.1 WC. The last two weeks I've finished 3rd in the 17.5 class. Looking forward to better results in the coming months.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

TQ'ed first round out of 30 mod buggy's !! first time 23 lapper !!! loving this car

drag race for 2nd at the end of the Amain rode a wheely back fliped upside down hit by 4th place broke front top plate L parts tree ...it was a cool finish

if anyone has one in the states willing to sell so i can race this coming weeknd before family vaca' ? id pay extra ...paypal ready !!! please !!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
TQ'ed first round out of 30 mod buggy's !! first time 23 lapper !!! loving this car

drag race for 2nd at the end of the Amain rode a wheely back fliped upside down hit by 4th place broke front top plate L parts tree ...it was a cool finish

if anyone has one in the states willing to sell so i can race this coming weeknd before family vaca' ? id pay extra ...paypal ready !!! please !!!
Sounds like an awesome race. Shoot me your address as I can help you with the L Parts. I can send you the whole L parts tree. Only place you will find them is to order over seas like I did. Took a little less than 2 weeks so I was very happy with that time frame. You can just get a L Parts tree when you order some and send back or if you want I can sell you the tree. Don't matter too much to me.

Brian
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

FYI if your looking for 201 parts dynamic hobbies in canada carries everything you'll ever need for this car as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JoeGlover View Post
FYI if your looking for 201 parts dynamic hobbies in canada carries everything you'll ever need for this car as well.
Thats great to know.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Sounds like an awesome race. Shoot me your address as I can help you with the L Parts. I can send you the whole L parts tree. Only place you will find them is to order over seas like I did. Took a little less than 2 weeks so I was very happy with that time frame. You can just get a L Parts tree when you order some and send back or if you want I can sell you the tree. Don't matter too much to me.

Brian
pm sent thank you ! ......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.