Tamiya TRF2WD thread >

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya TRF2WD thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spud37 View Post
Anyone know the part number for the carbon reinforced xv01 rear hubs ?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are you guys finding the ball studs to hold into the 54443 ones better or do they still generally need to have a set screw put in there as well like the softer ones?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well raced my 201 for a few weeks now and a few days of practice so I'm going to rebuild my diff since I can't race for a few weeks because of work. Diff is still pretty smooth but since I have all kinds of time I thought I will get it done so when I can finally race its ready to go. Might redo the shocks with fresh orings as well since our shop has the ones I like in stock.

SInce I have a good amount of parts its getting time to inventory everything so I know just how many of and what parts I have. Just basically going over the hole car since I have time so nest time I run it I'm all ready to go. Just pick tires and race.

When I can going to test some of the new Sweep Tendroid tires. I ran a team drivers pair of rears two weeks ago at a track I never ran 2wd mod buggy at and they where pretty stuck to the track for me so thought I would order some and try them at my track.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

threw some big bores on for practice wed night ....car was unbelievable!!! ... 4-2wd buggys later ive finally found a car i like and im fast with

on a side note dont flame me but i see a lot of 17.5 stock guys running 3-4deg rear toe in,why? thats scrubbing top speed and efficiency from your motor and battery....everyone agree's the rear of this car is hooked up ...i would highly suggest rear upright hubs and take some out... on every 2wd car ive put them on they helped with traction and corner exit oppossed to the standard same deg hubs ..just my opinion
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are there any BigBores that fit this rig with little to no modification? Going to be building one soon and want to be prepared..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman View Post
Are there any BigBores that fit this rig with little to no modification? Going to be building one soon and want to be prepared..
ive seen kyosho and ae big bores on the trf,just have to space them out enough not to hit the tower or turnbuckles
Old 02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
on a side note dont flame me but i see a lot of 17.5 stock guys running 3-4deg rear toe in,why? thats scrubbing top speed and efficiency from your motor and battery....everyone agree's the rear of this car is hooked up ...i would highly suggest rear upright hubs and take some out... on every 2wd car ive put them on they helped with traction and corner exit oppossed to the standard same deg hubs ..just my opinion
Thanks for bringing that up, not that my car is lacking in straight or corner speed but sometimes if I'm a track where my car is pushy I tend to fixate on the front end and totally for get about the back end and that tuning option.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

threw some big bores on for practice wed night ....car was unbelievable!!! ... 4-2wd buggys later ive finally found a car i like and im fast with

What do you mean by upright hubs?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
What do you mean by upright hubs?
here's pic of alum ones but the re-inforced plastic one's should feel the same as mentioned a couple of post back....i run the alum one's

I always thought it was just eye candy but its the only hop-up part ive allways felt a difference on the track with.......Just my 2cents guys
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF2WD thread-306-500x500.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What series of parts would one need for less than 3.0 degrees toe in? I run 17.5 but I currently have the XA front mount, 3.0 rear mount, and XV-01 hubs. I should have 3.5 degrees toe in if I unserstand the combination of parts correctly.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is it possible to flip flop the .5* or 1* hubs (ie run the L on the R side and R on the L side) so that they would take more toe out?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman View Post
I used Yokomo Big Bores briefly with no problems. However, i do not race enough right now to justify keeping them, and will be putting them up for sale soon.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CTRJ View Post
Is it possible to flip flop the .5* or 1* hubs (ie run the L on the R side and R on the L side) so that they would take more toe out?

I would run +1's flipped in 17.5 ..plus there on sale @tamiya usa
Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

here's pic of alum ones but the re-inforced plastic one's should feel the same as mentioned a couple of post back....i run the alum one's

I always thought it was just eye candy but its the only hop-up part ive allways felt a difference on the track with.......Just my 2cents guys
Oh, you mean hubs with vertical ball studs. They are better because you can adjust the roll center with spacers. If you space the ball stud so it is in line with the horizontal ball studs on the stock hubs, it will handle the same. Aluminum hubs usually weigh a little more, not to mention they are harder on bearings.

I doubt very seriously that you could notice the difference in speed running 3 of toe versus 4. It may lock the car in too much, but people like their cars to handle differently. The main thing is that you are comfortable with how your car handles for your driving style. That will result in the lowest lap times and the least amount of crashes.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Are you guys finding the ball studs to hold into the 54443 ones better or do they still generally need to have a set screw put in there as well like the softer ones?
Between my 4wd and 2wd I've probably put about 50 packs on mine in total without a problem, but I have seen others fail so its probably best to play safe and add a set screw!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.