Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Spammer!
+1
Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Went to WCRC yesterday to do some running, they had just put in a new layout. Went out on the track and it hadn't been re-packed yet, and was just super loamy. Couldn't keep the car from spinning out in corners (or when going straight) basically felt like running on glass with the tires I had. Packed it up after a half pack, pretty disappointed since I had some things to test

I guess it'll have to get done on Sat.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Went to WCRC yesterday to do some running, they had just put in a new layout. Went out on the track and it hadn't been re-packed yet, and was just super loamy. Couldn't keep the car from spinning out in corners (or when going straight) basically felt like running on glass with the tires I had. Packed it up after a half pack, pretty disappointed since I had some things to test

I guess it'll have to get done on Sat.

Novice......
Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Novice......
Figured they woulda packed it Monday night since it was open for practice on Monday, but oh well.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi mate,

I run the 201 over here in the uk, it's very solid, haven't broken a single part in probably a dozen meetings now. Spares wise, arms/bulkheads/towers would be useful just in case, hopups maybe rear hubs and spring sets. I use the 4wd yellow front springs, and yellow rear springs!

Oh, and I'd get better ballstuds, tamiya 5x8mm hard hex head work well!

Originally Posted by cobras811 View Post
thanks for the quick reply, its much appreciated.

i will check out the rudebits pieces, and see what i can get hold of (i know and race with trish so it shouldn't be a problem), i will see what works and try and get the best compromise. any advice as too gearing, i am running a 6.5 brushless with a gm 90 speedo. its indoor on carpet, relatively short track with some big jumps. so acceleration is the key. as well as decent corner handling but able too take a heavy landing. i know i'm asking for it all, but i am sorting starting from a blank sheet as i dont really have a starting point or even stock settings for the trf, i have just downloaded the instructions, but now have too strip the car down too see what is stock and what isn't. but at least i will get a chance too check the condition of all the bearings and see the fit of all the arms and hubs etc.
anyway thanks for the advice i will see who does trf bits in the uk and see what i can get hold of.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Figured they woulda packed it Monday night since it was open for practice on Monday, but oh well.
Went last night and had some issues with traction but it wasn't too bad. It definitely got better as the night went on.

The 502 was great, but needs a little help in the rear shock department.

The 201 was really good but needs a bit more power than a 10.5 and was getting better with more and more forward weight placement.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The track was just too loose to really test anything on, and with how it was, I didn't see how it could have picked up enough traction to work for testing...
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey check this out. I wonder how well it would work in the 201?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I dont really know about gear diffs in a 2wd.

I mean, if they were any good, the AE team guys would be all over the rtr gear diffs.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi mate,

I run the 201 over here in the uk, it's very solid, haven't broken a single part in probably a dozen meetings now. Spares wise, arms/bulkheads/towers would be useful just in case, hopups maybe rear hubs and spring sets. I use the 4wd yellow front springs, and yellow rear springs!

Oh, and I'd get better ballstuds, tamiya 5x8mm hard hex head work well!
Thanks for that,

I have seen a few of the rear uprights for sale on ebay, .5 and 1 degree so i will pick up a set of each, and thanks for the spring advice i will get a set of yellow ones sorted from a 4wd. only have whites at the moment.
i will see where i can get some replacement ball studs from, and with a bit of luck i should be giving others at taplow a bit of a run for their money. lee martins looked very planted here when he was here for the winter series, i wasnt here for that meet. but i have seen the video and it looked superb.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well learned something about batteries last night at practice! I just got some new protek 35C 5000 and compared to my tekin 23C 3400 its like putting a mod motor in. I couldnt believe how much different the car was with just a battery change. I really loved my tekins thought they had plenty of punch but they are getting replaced! Man took me two pack's to dial the power in so it was driveable. It did seem the harder I pushed the 201 the better it drove! I love the setup on the car right now and all I have to do is match the tires to track. Also they put a chicane in two different places in the track and I have smoked both of them twice and am suprised that I didnt break anything. All the Kyosho guys are tearing their front ends off doing the same thing! The 201 keeps truckin!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
well learned something about batteries last night at practice! I just got some new protek 35C 5000 and compared to my tekin 23C 3400 its like putting a mod motor in. I couldnt believe how much different the car was with just a battery change. I really loved my tekins thought they had plenty of punch but they are getting replaced! Man took me two pack's to dial the power in so it was driveable. It did seem the harder I pushed the 201 the better it drove! I love the setup on the car right now and all I have to do is match the tires to track. Also they put a chicane in two different places in the track and I have smoked both of them twice and am suprised that I didnt break anything. All the Kyosho guys are tearing their front ends off doing the same thing! The 201 keeps truckin!

You also added about 70g of weight to the car by going to the bigger battery which is probably why the car handled so much different. The Tekin weighs in about 204g and the Protek at 275g.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
Wait til you try some 50C or even some 65C units!!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hopsing I didn't even think about the batts being heavier. I really liked the added weight felt planted.

Racecrafter I couldn't imagine anybody needing more punch than what a 35-40c batt has in 2wd buggy. Prolly great for sc or truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.