Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Who has brushless Hot Bodies D8 buggies? >

Who has brushless Hot Bodies D8 buggies?

Who has brushless Hot Bodies D8 buggies?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Who has brushless Hot Bodies D8 buggies?

I tried searching and couldn't find much on converted brushless HB D8s. I know there are some out there, but couldn't find any. So if you have one, please post pics, info of your setup, and your likes/dislikes of the setup, of the buggy, and anything else.
I'm thinking about picking one up to convert in the future (going through some monetary issues now, so no can do). Hopefully HPI/HB will have a rebate program again for 2010 or 2011.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...d8e-buggy.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...nversions.html
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Check out www.rcproductdesigns.com He makes your kit to order and it will be made in the USA. His kits are top QUALITY.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
JSR
Tech Master

The D8E thread is about the Ve8 that wasn't yet released at that time. I'm interested in people's conversions of the actual D8. I couldn't find any D8 conversions in Elite's thread. I do know about RCPD, but I'd like to see what people have done and their comments on the converted D8.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSR View Post
The D8E thread is about the Ve8 that wasn't yet released at that time. I'm interested in people's conversions of the actual D8. I couldn't find any D8 conversions in Elite's thread. I do know about RCPD, but I'd like to see what people have done and their comments on the converted D8.
No, the D8E thread is for electric conversions of the Nitro D8, hence the name D8E and not VE8. Elite make a motor mount for the D8 along with RC Monster, and a few other companies. I myself had a DBE and went the RC Monster mount with a Losi battery tray like seen in pics on the D8E thread.
If I had it to do over again I would definately go with a smaller motor preferably a Tekin 1900 because the 2650 on 4S is just stupid fast!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Thanks thecman. I read the first few posts that said plastic composite chassis and stopped. Seems the thread was originally about the Ve8 but ended up having more info about the conversions. Seems like the converted D8 handles really well. Just some issues with pinion and motor shaft clearance. If I get one in the future I think I'll be ok with that as I'll be using a universal motor mount that needs the chassis drilled to fit so I can mount it most anywhere.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just picked up a converted d8 a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. Mine has a custom made battery tray that allows the battery to get really close to the centerline when combined with the kyosho 44t spur I use.
I have looked at most of the pros nitro d8 setups and they are all about the same so that is where I started. It corners great and is very stable. Since my buggy is a little rear heavy compared to a nitro I am going to try the next stiffer spring this weekend.
Go with the rc product designs kit and you will be very happy. Dan is a good friend of mine and his stuff works.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

I went with a techno conversion, very nice build, went together easily, just a side note, the only bodies that fit the are for losi 2.0 E buggies, theres a very lengthy forum for techno, on this site. good luck with with your conversion. Scott
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_racer1 View Post
I went with a techno conversion, very nice build, went together easily, just a side note, the only bodies that fit the are for losi 2.0 E buggies, theres a very lengthy forum for techno, on this site. good luck with with your conversion. Scott
Are you talking about the tecno kit when you say the only body that works is the losi? I have a nitro original d8 body on mine and it works great.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Heres a D8 conversion question for you guys

I had planned on just picking up the HPI Vorza parts to turn my D8 into a D8E, many of the Vorza parts aren't available yet. I was able to pick up a Vorza chassis plate and chassis braces off of ebay.
My question is, should I wait for the Vorza clamp style motor mount or use one of the above mentioned conversion mounts on the Vorza chassis? Im pretty sure the conversion mounts will bolt up to the Vorza chassis because the center diff and mounts are the same.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the clamp style vs. the center diff style mount?