Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
EZRUN 60A + Novak HV 4.5 = OK? >

EZRUN 60A + Novak HV 4.5 = OK?

EZRUN 60A + Novak HV 4.5 = OK?

Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default EZRUN 60A + Novak HV 4.5 = OK?

Hi, I was wondering if my EZRUN 60A sensorless brushless ESC will work with the sensored Novak Havok 4.5T? I'm going to throw this combo into my Jammin SCRT10. Thanks.
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Erie Pa.
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

It will work but will cog like hell down low. I would get a Xerun 80 amp, or the 10th scale xerun not sure of the number if your on a buget. A MMpro would be awesome though too if you want to spend the extra cash.
malik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by malik View Post
It will work but will cog like hell down low. I would get a Xerun 80 amp, or the 10th scale xerun not sure of the number if your on a buget. A MMpro would be awesome though too if you want to spend the extra cash.
I see thanks....How about Xerun 120A? Is that going to be overkill? I don't want to run 3S, I have quite a lot of 2S at the moment. No I can't afford MMpro...
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Erie Pa.
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

No the 120 would be fine the 120 is still a 10th scale esc, even if they have a 60 amp Xerun it would work. The 120 would be better of course though, it will just work easier then the 60. The Xerun 80 amp is an 8th scale esc which would work also. I just ordered 1 of the 80's as a back up for my RX8 to run on 4s in my buggy.
malik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by malik View Post
No the 120 would be fine the 120 is still a 10th scale esc, even if they have a 60 amp Xerun it would work. The 120 would be better of course though, it will just work easier then the 60. The Xerun 80 amp is an 8th scale esc which would work also. I just ordered 1 of the 80's as a back up for my RX8 to run on 4s in my buggy.
Ok forget the novak HV 4.5, I currently have a 5.5T EZRUN sensorless motor. If I paired it with 120A XERUN ESC + 2S in my SCRT10, is that going to be fine? I want my SCRT10 as fast and powerful as my 2WD Slash that runs EZRUN 60A+5.5T+2S....with decent temp of course
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Ok forget the novak HV 4.5, I currently have a 5.5T EZRUN sensorless motor. If I paired it with 120A XERUN ESC + 2S in my SCRT10, is that going to be fine? I want my SCRT10 as fast and powerful as my 2WD Slash that runs EZRUN 60A+5.5T+2S....with decent temp of course
Stick with the HV 4.5. You were on the right track with that. 540 motors will heat up in the SCRT10. The 550 can HV 4.5 will run super cool and be solid. It will run fine on any sensored ESC. I think the Xerun 120 would be a good match.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Stick with the HV 4.5. You were on the right track with that. 540 motors will heat up in the SCRT10. The 550 can HV 4.5 will run super cool and be solid. It will run fine on any sensored ESC. I think the Xerun 120 would be a good match.
Thanks...so XERUN 120A + HV 4.5 + 2S would be fast, competitive and cool enough?
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Yes, that would be a good combo.
badassrevo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default

Thanks everybody!
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Thanks...so XERUN 120A + HV 4.5 + 2S would be fast, competitive and cool enough?
Yup. Should be good!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
  #11  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

@KRAWL.. so how is that xerun 120 esc with a novak 4.5 motor?? i am planning on getting the same setup and wanted some feedback first.

thanks..
bustanut666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
  #12  
Company Representative
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Hi, I was wondering if my EZRUN 60A sensorless brushless ESC will work with the sensored Novak Havok 4.5T? I'm going to throw this combo into my Jammin SCRT10. Thanks.
I have seen this question before and I have asked about the motor limit/on resistance of the these other controllers.

Within our own controllers, we only recommend our racing escs----3.5T motor limit/0.00040 ohms on resistance----for use with our HV or Ballistic 550 motors. Especially the 4.5Ts. (GTBS, Havoc Pros, Havoc Pro SCs and Kinetics.)

Our RMF GTBs are an excellent, affordable (sensored - no cogging) esc for our 550 4.5T motors.
NovakTwo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Krawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nitropia
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
@KRAWL.. so how is that xerun 120 esc with a novak 4.5 motor?? i am planning on getting the same setup and wanted some feedback first.

thanks..
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I have seen this question before and I have asked about the motor limit/on resistance of the these other controllers.

Within our own controllers, we only recommend our racing escs----3.5T motor limit/0.00040 ohms on resistance----for use with our HV or Ballistic 550 motors. Especially the 4.5Ts. (GTBS, Havoc Pros, Havoc Pro SCs and Kinetics.)

Our RMF GTBs are an excellent, affordable (sensored - no cogging) esc for our 550 4.5T motors.
Thanks...finally I'm running XERUN 120A + Speed Passion Silver Arrow 1/8 3.5T (6000kv). No temp problem and it's bloody fast and torquey!
Krawl is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service