Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Caster Fusion EX-1.5R >

New Caster Fusion EX-1.5R

New Caster Fusion EX-1.5R

Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

It's happened to myself and most of the people I know who own Caster vehicles.

It's caused by the bushing ZX-0086 where execssive wear occurs on the bushing and the plastic around it.

The good news is that after about 10 packs it won't be getting any worse.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Also good news is you can deal with it by putting bearings there... I will ask my colleague to take photos of solution. I know only that he used some bearings from HPI Baja...

I myself will try to use one part that I hope will solve that problem also...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thanks for the responses. In wiggling things around trying to find the source of the looseness, it doesn't appear to be the bushing ZX-0086, but rather the ball ends and fittings in the steering links and the the servo arm linkage. The play is not excessive in any one connection, but more the cumulative effect of the looseness at all of those connections.
I noticed it last night from the drivers stand during a qualifier while powering into a corner where the inside wheel actually moved side to side slightly. Almost like it was vibrating or fluttering. Can't say that it hampers the handling but it grabs your attention visually.
I'll see if I can do a YouTube to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Not real skilled with the video thing.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have changed stock links from servo arm to steering with these (only made bigger holes in balls to fit M3 screws...):

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Ball-Links-2
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I've pretty much isolated the slop/additional play to the servo arm linkage so I'm going to work on tightening that up. There is play in the steering links as well, but one thing at a time.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Glad to hear you are getting it sorted.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

check out our build article of the Caster Racing EX1.5R!

Stay tuned for our initial review, and our long term review as we campaign this buggy throughout the summer
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
check out our build article of the Caster Racing EX1.5R!

Stay tuned for our initial review, and our long term review as we campaign this buggy throughout the summer
Nice review,The only thing i did slightly different from you was the cut the shaft,not too bad,put some scotch 3m double sided tape strips underneath the battery trays and put a dab of ca glue on the screws going to the tray,and i turned the link the opposite way from you and having no issues.I also put one shim on side away from the gear on each diff to shim it.Thanks for doing this review as it will help alot of people out who may have some confusion building the kit.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Can't wait to see that thing on the track godofcable!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
Nice review,The only thing i did slightly different from you was the cut the shaft,not too bad,put some scotch 3m double sided tape strips underneath the battery trays and put a dab of ca glue on the screws going to the tray,and i turned the link the opposite way from you and having no issues.I also put one shim on side away from the gear on each diff to shim it.Thanks for doing this review as it will help alot of people out who may have some confusion building the kit.
yea I just had a really hard time taking a saw to a brand new perfectly good motor. This way works.

regarding the steering link, It only rubs on the right side. when the wheels are turned hard right, the metal portion of the turnbuckle hits the sway bar end link.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just finished a build on my new caster EX1.5. The car went together very well despite a problem with the front and rear drive shafts, my kit had three rear and one front. I have to give a big thanks to Rick,Mike and Mikey with caster stepping up and getting the problem resolved very quickly. Mike with Caster racing USA sent new shafts and had in my hand in 2 days. I received a package from China also with a set of shafts and various other goodies. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW , EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
yea I just had a really hard time taking a saw to a brand new perfectly good motor. This way works.

regarding the steering link, It only rubs on the right side. when the wheels are turned hard right, the metal portion of the turnbuckle hits the sway bar end link.
I had the same thing on my first kit from 2010, but clearance was not an issue with my latest one built last night. Metal parts tolerances and quality are up drastically since I last built a Caster kit. Quality and fit of plastic parts (diff housings especially) still needs to be improved. Overall though, the build process has gone much smoother than last time.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The caster cars are getting better and better all the time.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Duh rick,Im loving mine especially after today at the track.I went to the track for about 3-4 hours to get some practice time on the buggy before the race on the 12th and 13th and me and my buddy with his mugen were driving almost all day together with no issues and the cars looked the same on the track pretty much.Im very happy with the purchase of the caster and glad to be on the team.I was laying some supa dupa fast laps down today
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Glad to here that. I also will have mine out soon as I have a new proto type motor I have to start testing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.