Wiki Posts
Search

Transmission on rustler xl-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
could be. after the screws came loose, i put the motor back in place. i used red locktite so the screws would not come loose again. well, after i saw there was still a problem, i went to loosen the 2 screws for the motor, and one came out, the other would not. i tried everything. now the head of the screw is stripped.it wont budge! so until i have to get to it, i guess its gonna stay. because i don't want to break the threads in the back of the motor. if i could get that screw out, i would put a new one in and do that with a piece of paper and the slipper clutch.
a jarring impact, or repeated jarring impacts can cause the motor to come loose. all the loctite in the work will not stop it. once you get the screw out (if you can get a dremel in there to slot the screw head do that. or an easy out will work but it will be tough with the loctite in there.) get some sandpaper or a rasp and rough up the plastic where the motor mount screws pass though to get to the motor that might help.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bschanz
a jarring impact, or repeated jarring impacts can cause the motor to come loose. all the loctite in the work will not stop it. once you get the screw out (if you can get a dremel in there to slot the screw head do that. or an easy out will work but it will be tough with the loctite in there.) get some sandpaper or a rasp and rough up the plastic where the motor mount screws pass though to get to the motor that might help.
yea i thought about putting a slot on whats left of the head.then use a flat head screwdriver. i bought 2 small easy out.im just afraid i will break the screw head off. i might try the rough up the plastic. i just know if the threads break in the motor, im going to have to buy a new motor.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

you'll find with the titan 12t motor it is good to have a back up anyhow. you should be able to slot that sucker if the hex is stripped out. turn it out with a flathead and be done with it. i had a stripped screw in my sbv2 and used an easy out to get it out. it was an upper deck mounting screw so it was not hard but it took a while because i did not want to damage the graphite upper deck.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bschanz
you'll find with the titan 12t motor it is good to have a back up anyhow. you should be able to slot that sucker if the hex is stripped out. turn it out with a flathead and be done with it. i had a stripped screw in my sbv2 and used an easy out to get it out. it was an upper deck mounting screw so it was not hard but it took a while because i did not want to damage the graphite upper deck.
yea i would like to have a back up motor. i'll try to slot it, if that don't work, i'll try the easy out. i put all my weight on it and it wouldnt turn.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

heat the stuck screw with a soldering iron this will break down the lock tight and make it easy to move
Old 04-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snoninja93
heat the stuck screw with a soldering iron this will break down the lock tight and make it easy to move
it is going through a plastic motor mount thought so be careful when you do that, but he is right, it will work.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoninja93
yea i mentioned that at my local hobby shop when they said something about heating it. i can try that.