Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4 Torque

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default RC10T4 Torque

Hello,

Looking to improve the torque of my rc10t4. What is the best way to do that? Here are my questions:

1. I assume the best way to do it is to buy a smaller pinion. Is that correct? Right now I'm running a 20t pinion with a 87 tooth (i think) spur. They came with the car. If so, what would you recomend?

2. I'm going to upgrade to brushless. Right now I'm looking at a Mamba Max Pro. I'm looking at the 5700 so I can hook up a 3s lipo. I assume this will also help.

Any further help or comments/opinions is appreciated.

Thanks

Dorion
Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Given how light the T4 is, you really shouldn't need that much torque.

The goal is to "flow" and keep the momentum up around the track, which doesn't require that much torque.

Stick with the 87 spur; no clue on whether that pinion is good for your without knowing what turn motor you're using. I'd use a 20T pinion on an 6.5 or 7.5, but running stock or 17.5, I'd try a 31T pinion.

If you're running stock, you could be horribly undergeared.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

if you,re going brushless, start with that only... Chances are you're going to have too much after that... These motors are very powerfull. Remember to monitor temperatures of the motor as not to overheat it. You'll soon be gearing for motor temperature rather than torque gains... Welcome to brushless! You're going to love it...

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Dorion
Hello,

Looking to improve the torque of my rc10t4. What is the best way to do that? Here are my questions:

1. I assume the best way to do it is to buy a smaller pinion. Is that correct? Right now I'm running a 20t pinion with a 87 tooth (i think) spur. They came with the car. If so, what would you recomend?

2. I'm going to upgrade to brushless. Right now I'm looking at a Mamba Max Pro. I'm looking at the 5700 so I can hook up a 3s lipo. I assume this will also help.

Any further help or comments/opinions is appreciated.

Thanks

Dorion
Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a T4 running Mamba max 5700 with 3s and its insane fast. You WILL need a wheelie bar, I added 2 oz. of lead to the front end and it still wheelies at full throttle, to much for the track but a blast bashing. Beadlocks in the rear will help also, glue will let go after a few passes. Have fun....