Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 4wd SCT rules posted

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What happened? All I was doing was quoting what he was saying?

I'm at least a 4th grade reading level, geez. Now get away from me you might get cooties.

Brb, going to pop a zit and check my sack for new hairs.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxU2Jdc8gyA

I found it interesting how the announcer says he see's Kortz's truck thermal as often as he wins... I wonder what he is running now?
I don't know what Notch is talking about? I race this track with those guys as well as a few others and I have never seen Kortz thermal there or any other track. He is running a losi 2100 1/8 scale system on 3S, It ain't going to thermal, he can barley use the throttle.

I have run consistent low 20s on that track with the VXL. When it's watered there isn't enough traction to put mad power down. there is only four or five guys running 19s on that layout and though most have HVs or 1/8th scales systems but the only reason they are faster is they are better drivers. I have no doubt that they would win no matter what motor size they used.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
That could be why there are 75% (or more) fewer racers than there were 20 years ago.
I don't how you have come to this conclusion? I was racing in the late 80s with ROAR NORCA and at local tracks around the country. I haven't been to a ROAR race in the year and half since I came back to RC racing but have been to several "big" races that run under ROAR rules in so cal. They are packed, as many or more racers than I remember. There are far more tracks now than then. From my point of view RC racing is alive and well and SC is making it thrive.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

You guys need to take your little love fest to pm's. This really embarrassing.

While I do not agree with the rules that were decided on, they are set.

Lets PLEASE try something else here now. How about we try to salvage this thread by using it to find some setup info that works within the current rules.

I used the CC 5700 with good success but had heat issues on 11t. It was very fast though. Maybe a smaller pinion. The 6900 would have cooked in no time.

I know my bud has ordered a Tekin 8.5 with a 14mm rotor. This my be close to the ticket.

I would rather run with out a fan on my motor. But honestly when we run 6 mins. around here I don't think run time will be an issue.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
What happened? All I was doing was quoting what he was saying?

I'm at least a 4th grade reading level, geez. Now get away from me you might get cooties.

Brb, going to pop a zit and check my sack for new hairs.
Well this thread is off topic