Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MaxAmps says my 2 month old 3S lipo ballooned because of slash 4x4 stok gearing >

MaxAmps says my 2 month old 3S lipo ballooned because of slash 4x4 stok gearing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MaxAmps says my 2 month old 3S lipo ballooned because of slash 4x4 stok gearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sorry to tell you, but that's just what's going to happen. Making things like this public NEVER helps. This thread will get deleted soon enough.
Maybe MaxAmps has power here, but Im sure they wont have power on every forum on the internet. My point is that its not my fault and I am out of $200 bucks cause maxamps says its my fault when its not? It is definitly not my point to bash maxamps. I JUST WANT SOME HELP FROM THEM TO RESOLVE THIS!! I am not gonna dish out $200 bucks for another battery when one goes like this after 2 months. Thats what they got to udnerstand. Now does everyone agree from the tech specs that it is not my fault?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the section (page 24 and 25) of the Slash 4x4 manual.

It clearly states that 13/54 pinion/spur is acceptable for a 3s LiPo.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaV3N
Maybe MaxAmps has power here, but Im sure they wont have power on every forum on the internet. My point is that its not my fault and I am out of $200 bucks cause maxamps says its my fault when its not? It is definitly not my point to bash maxamps. I JUST WANT SOME HELP FROM THEM TO RESOLVE THIS!! I am not gonna dish out $200 bucks for another battery when one goes like this after 2 months. Thats what they got to udnerstand
I'm telling you this will NOT help you any. If you have any chance of getting any help still, you need to keep this between you and MaxAmps. If they decide not to help you, there really isn't much you can do about it other than to chock it up as a learning experience. But when you start threads like this, especially for a second time, you ARE bashing them.

Any bets how long this one will be around?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I'm telling you this will NOT help you any. If you have any chance of getting any help still, you need to keep this between you and MaxAmps. If they decide not to help you, there really isn't much you can do about it other than to chock it up as a learning experience. But when you start threads like this, especially for a second time, you ARE bashing them.

Any bets how long this one will be around?
Well if they dont help me I dont consider it bashing I consider it making it aware to the public of what brands to buy and note which is a use of these forums to people
Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV
Here is the section (page 24 and 25) of the Slash 4x4 manual.

It clearly states that 13/54 pinion/spur is acceptable for a 3s LiPo.

This is exactly what is needed. Now I'd like to see what Maxamps has to say about this.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

MaxAmps' Austin and Jason,

Come in here and explain to us what your True 60C means and why are we tired of the "Constant C" Hype you mentioned in this magazine ad? Why would you Jason, tell this poor guy to use a 18T pinion which we all know will ask for more AMPs out of a battery? Isn't false advertisement against the law guys?
Attached Thumbnails MaxAmps says my 2 month old 3S lipo ballooned because of slash 4x4 stok gearing-maxamps-ad.jpg  
Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
I was reading the thread an hour ago. 5 full pages of remarks. Now there are just 2 remarks, not even one page. Is this Big brother flexing his musle to filter out all of the bad stuff on a company that advertices on this form so not to make them mad, or did maxx amps fix the issue promting the thread auther to delete all of the negative things that where posted in the 5 missing pages.
sounds familiar.... oh, wait that's right this same dissapearing act happened to the trinity pulse motor thread too.Just all of a sudden POOF! It's gone!

I really have no idea what the uppity ups at Tech. are afraid of. Unless they have more than an advertising agreement with the companies that pay for their advertising on here.From a legal stand point RC Tech. is not and cannot be held responsible for the content of it's user's posts.So this "content extorsion" that appears to be happening needs to be dealt with on a proffesional level to the extent of "You paid for advertising, that's what we provided. If you want positive word of mouth then take care of your customers' needs and it wont be an issue". I mean the last time I checked RC Tech was a internet message board, not a P.R. firm so it's REALLY assinine that they run around putting out fires that the man. caused. I fear the OP may get himself banned for re-starting a thread that the mods deleted.Remember, speach is free unless you step on someones toes, then it costs you.

Just sad that the "keep it quiet" technique is being used pertaining to a product that could burn your house down.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

If possible a moderator should contact them and ask them to respond to me on this thread. I need help from maxamps, they seem to be ignoring my e mails now. Its not right what was said to me. Im just taking my time, if they dont respond here im just gonna call. Im not trying to make a bad name for them if they can help me. Its clearly not my fault what is happening to the battery.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

If possible a moderator should contact them and ask them to respond to me on this thread. I need help from maxamps, they seem to be ignoring my e mails now. Its not right what was said to me. Im just taking my time, if they dont respond here im just gonna call.
Call now anyways, don't wait. You are unhappy that your product you purchased WITH a warranty isn't working properly. I would be calling before even posting on a forum to begin with. You have the proof you need FROM Traxxas, now go back in with your ammunition.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Their exlplanation is not good. But for something to work fine then all of a sudden not work might indicate that there is a problem somewhere else. If the battery is incapable of handling the load, this would have happened much earlier.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If possible a moderator should contact them and ask them to respond to me on this thread. I need help from maxamps, they seem to be ignoring my e mails now. Its not right what was said to me. Im just taking my time, if they dont respond here im just gonna call. Im not trying to make a bad name for them if they can help me. Its clearly not my fault what is happening to the battery.
Just calling them would have been a MUCH better option than starting this all over again. If you want something done, you have to contact them directly. This thread isn't gonna magically make them see the light. Magically disappear maybe, but it will not help. The worst thing you can do when you are trying to get assistance from someone is to open up a load of negative comments like this. They have even less reason to help you now. Since you already went out and bad mouthed them(in a way, you did)
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yeah I havnt heard anything good about maxamps and I think turnigy is the way to go!!! And in the summer where I race we all use 3cells and I never seen anyone have any problems with a lipo!! And on top of it there is alot of guys that run the velineon system. Plus you would think for a lipo that you pay so much for they would take care of it for you!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Simple solution... don't buy any more packs from them. I have two puffed MA packs at home too that were run no where near their rating.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Darn, I missed the over-under on the first thread.

Going once....Going twice...#3....see ya!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

So Raven I'm assuming you called, what'd they say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.