Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does anyone have any insane things they've done with their r/c's?? >

Does anyone have any insane things they've done with their r/c's??

Does anyone have any insane things they've done with their r/c's??

Old 04-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wuss
Old 04-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, here's the deal, it was not me, it was this other guy w/ too much $$ and time on his hands, but not enough brains!! He took one of the original, gold tub chassis RC10 buggies, drilled a bunch of holes in it to reduce the weight, slapped in two 7 cell packs, a 9 turn QUINT (that means five guys) mod motor and set out in the parking lot for an insane speed run. We estimated him at about 65+ MPH!! HOWEVER, all the time and effort he put into that car, he forgot to recharge his transmitter batteries and the car kept going straight.... full speed....... into the curb!! We got to see all 14 cells fly in 14 different directions. The motor can flew apart and the armature landed God knows where. The chassis was the only thing still in one piece, but the back end was now touching the front end in some sort of twisted horseshoe design.

Moral of the story: Being isane is OK as long as your not stupid too. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TRANSMITTER BATTERIES!!!!

Here endeth the lesson.

(Sorry, not pics or vid, spent all the money on the car, none left for the camera)
Old 04-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

haha.. that's pretty good
Old 04-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

No, what was good was the dumbstruck look on his face when he realised that $500.00 just blew apart in front of all his friends!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hehe.

Well that house-jump's the best vid I've seen this week.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

well I hooked up my cars d6 into my truck and built a 5 foot ramp with some scrap wood i found and I jumped off my driveway and cleared the street
Old 04-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

That house-jumping video is Josh Cyrul; that clip was in the original XXX-Main video.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

skate parks..........yah major fun i constatly take my t-maxx to a good one by my house...........i break a few times but not often........but for somereason i can't get anyone to come with to document and of the jumps..........some of them were so great.........but the best one i have done so far was with my old ass koyosho tracker 2............i jumped it off of a 25' reatining walll with one of those skate tec ramps form wal-mart on top of it.....i was on the top of the wall next to the ramp and at the apex of flight it was over my head so i figure it was a total of 30 some feet up..................boy that was a hard landing too the bottom was a gravel parking lot and the truck actuall left a small crater about 2 inces deep............i cracked the chassis a bit and blew out all 4 shocks but it is still running today....i think i need go back to that spot and pay some to get pics of my jumps so i can prove that jump
Old 04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

I don't know where you live but if it is near me I'll video tape all that...Heck I would do it for free because of the rush I would get.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

cheyenne wyoming is where i'm at.........honestly there is not too many people out here that is into r/c so they like watching every so oftem but don't wnat to spend the money to get involed with it..........my nearest lhs is 60 miles away.......everyone i know calles me the big kid with thetoys cars
Old 04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Just be like "i'll buy you a pizza dinner" with that you could get almost anyone to tape you doing stuff. EDIT: and bring a case of beer, anyone over 21 would go for that too.

60 miles takes you about 40 minutes?? my LHS's are like 10 or less miles away and take 20-30 minutes to get to. And they suck. Except one but their hours are really limited.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

ive done about 20' with my savage
want to get a xxx-4 and do the same jump

ill try and post pics soon
Old 04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

i'm going to see what i can come up with.......i drove by an awsome reatining was set up the other day...........two levels close to 30feet per level with ten feet set back from the top level to the second level.........with a good ramp i could easly hit 65 to 70 feet ................the only problem is it is airport propety and is is right next to a large street......i will have to make sure i plan this right b/c i have to hop the fence to get to it and be quick and also i need to have enough distance to clear the fence on the way down and land on hte street.........it will be a great farwell to the t-maxx before i get a revo........i also need to track down a few vid camras to get a few good angles on it........i'm going to try it as soon as i get the maxx running good again......

b/w on another forum i read about a guy that jumped his maxx off of a 150 ft cliff saw a few pics of it and they were working on a vid of it........i'm going to try to find it again........also have u guys heard about the rocket maxx????
Old 04-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

what you guys need to do is make a 4' tall ramp.. with a 7' radius... that will kick you into a backflip.. and if you drive electric.. and have your brake dialed strong.. you can to frontflips off that same ramp

you'll thank me for it if you built a ramp with that exact spec
Old 04-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

i would video tape anyone doing crazy stuff with their rc cars if they lived near me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.