R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/368534-caster-racing-f8t-electric-truggy.html)

Potoczak 02-07-2010 03:19 PM

Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy
 
Is there anybody running this truggy, just about to start by build and is there any tips and tricks i should know about. Also whats a good starting point to run in the diffs and also the Shocks. Also what upgrades go you guys recommend??????:confused::confused:

R-E-A-P-E-R- 02-07-2010 03:34 PM

I run one,

7 front
10 center
2-3 in the rear.

There really isnt much that needs to be upgraded. Just follow the instructions and if you have any questions just ask. They go together pretty easy for the most part

titotime 02-07-2010 04:02 PM

I suggest looking into updating the steering spindles to the Mugen MBX6T spindles. They provide more steering angle and light weight pivot balls. I run them on my Mugen MBX5Te Prospec. The MBX5T is very similar to the Caster truggy.:nod:

Potoczak 02-07-2010 04:22 PM

Reaper, on some of the other threads i saw you had your stuff anodized, can i ask where you got that done. I think it looks awesome!!!

R-E-A-P-E-R- 02-07-2010 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by Potoczak (Post 6971279)
Reaper, on some of the other threads i saw you had your stuff anodized, can i ask where you got that done. I think it looks awesome!!!

http://rtraceshop.com/

you should join the forums at casterracingusa.com

lots of good help there. You can get help from all the team guys.

Potoczak 02-07-2010 08:09 PM

What other bodies would fit on this truggy???

R-E-A-P-E-R- 02-07-2010 08:31 PM

the STRR truggy lids are pretty much a direct fit

Potoczak 02-07-2010 08:43 PM

Awesome i will have to check it out thanks for the info..

R-E-A-P-E-R- 02-07-2010 08:46 PM

I have also seen losi 2.0 lids mounted if you lower the rear mountes. Also seen a Mugen truggy lid fitted.

ket2175 04-28-2013 09:08 AM

Hi all bro out there, is this truggy worth buying? Cause seem like it is not as popular as other truggy out there. Thks

Jtipsy 04-28-2013 09:44 AM

I own one and its just as good as the rest of the car brands. Easy to drive and durable as anything ive seen. If you going to pick one up make sure you grab a set of 12mm offset hubs due to the fact half offset wheels are pretty much gone. Other than that item the truggy is hands down my favorite of all the casters i have driven.

ket2175 04-29-2013 06:05 AM


Originally Posted by Jtipsy (Post 12094688)
I own one and its just as good as the rest of the car brands. Easy to drive and durable as anything ive seen. If you going to pick one up make sure you grab a set of 12mm offset hubs due to the fact half offset wheels are pretty much gone. Other than that item the truggy is hands down my favorite of all the casters i have driven.

Thanks Jtipsy for the info , I like bothe the buggy and truggy. Are the rtr as good too ?

Thanks

Jtipsy 04-29-2013 09:18 AM

The rtr are good. The aluminum is a little softer on the towers. I went to carbon fiber towers on both of my caster rides. Just picked up a nitro and switching those over too. Diggity design makes some really nice towers and at a awesome price. THe ae 89330 work the best so far as spacers for the hubs.

ket2175 04-29-2013 07:43 PM

Ok thks so much , looking forward to buy either a rtr buggy or truggy.

ket2175 04-30-2013 06:34 AM


Originally Posted by Jtipsy (Post 12097938)
The rtr are good. The aluminum is a little softer on the towers. I went to carbon fiber towers on both of my caster rides. Just picked up a nitro and switching those over too. Diggity design makes some really nice towers and at a awesome price. THe ae 89330 work the best so far as spacers for the hubs.

Are the nitro truggy and buggy using the same parts as the electric buggy and truggy?


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:50 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.