Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy >

Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy

Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy

Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM
  #61  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
kinetisist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

what valves for the shocks are you guys using?
kinetisist is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 02:10 AM
  #62  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Here are a few pics of my newly built F8T-1.5 Pro. It looks like it has similar upgrades to the EX2.0R buggy.
Attached Thumbnails Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140607_180318.jpg   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140607_180339.jpg   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140607_180404.jpg   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140607_180350.jpg   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140607_180423.jpg  

hawks is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:18 PM
  #63  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,071
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hawks View Post
Here are a few pics of my newly built F8T-1.5 Pro. It looks like it has similar upgrades to the EX2.0R buggy.
Looks great, I miss my Caster Truggy
bring it on is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:32 PM
  #64  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
kinetisist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

so here is a more direct ? .. I am building new threaded shocks (from a Tamiya truggy) and need to know which disk to use ..I have 6 hole 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 ..which ones should I use? ... how do I determine this .. I race a rattlesnake in redding ca if you know that track
thanks
kinetisist is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 PM
  #65  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,071
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kinetisist View Post
so here is a more direct ? .. I am building new threaded shocks (from a Tamiya truggy) and need to know which disk to use ..I have 6 hole 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 ..which ones should I use? ... how do I determine this .. I race a rattlesnake in redding ca if you know that track
thanks
I think I ran the 1.3mm pistons in my truggy with like 45w oil
bring it on is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 PM
  #66  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bring it on View Post
I think I ran the 1.3mm pistons in my truggy with like 45w oil
Yep same here.
hawks is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 AM
  #67  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
kinetisist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

thanks
kinetisist is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 AM
  #68  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,186
Default

Originally Posted by hawks View Post
Here are a few pics of my newly built F8T-1.5 Pro. It looks like it has similar upgrades to the EX2.0R buggy.
looks pretty sweet !
bob.less is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM
  #69  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Hey guys, just bought an F8T pro. Almost done with the build just waiting on a few parts. I was wondering, does anyone have a setup sheet I could look at just to get a starting point? There's so many adjustments it's crazy (this is my first truggy). I'll be running a tekin rx8 2 2000kv and currently have 7/15/5 for diff oils. I will be running on a small outdoor track, I just want a baseline for the suspension adjustments. Any help is appreciated thanks!
FlatbedFan is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 AM
  #70  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FlatbedFan View Post
Hey guys, just bought an F8T pro. Almost done with the build just waiting on a few parts. I was wondering, does anyone have a setup sheet I could look at just to get a starting point? There's so many adjustments it's crazy (this is my first truggy). I'll be running a tekin rx8 2 2000kv and currently have 7/15/5 for diff oils. I will be running on a small outdoor track, I just want a baseline for the suspension adjustments. Any help is appreciated thanks!
There isn't much info around but here is one I found.
Attached Thumbnails Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-662529d1288838495-new-updated-e-truggy-2011-2010-k8t-setup.jpg  
hawks is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
  #71  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I noticed that, very little setup info which is unfortunate. I'm impressed with the quality of the components at least. Thanks for that.
FlatbedFan is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 PM
  #72  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,071
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hawks View Post
There isn't much info around but here is one I found.
Nice find as I didn't even know where that was.. Thanks
bring it on is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 04:58 PM
  #73  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
kinetisist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default caster setup sheet

here is a blank one
and my setup
Attached Thumbnails Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-caster-truggy-setup-sheet.png   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-my-caster-truggy-setup-sheet.png  
kinetisist is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 01:51 AM
  #74  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Here is mine with a Proline Bulldog RC8T body. It fits pretty well I just had to lower the rear body posts.
Attached Thumbnails Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140613_164554.jpg   Caster Racing F8T Electric Truggy-20140612_213339.jpg  
hawks is offline  
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
  #75  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,071
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hawks View Post
Here is mine with a Proline Bulldog RC8T body. It fits pretty well I just had to lower the rear body posts.
Looks great buddy
bring it on is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.