Wiki Posts
Search

XRay 808E Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scwrod
ganymede - The 09' 2 bearing with aluminum spacer is the best setup. Although it still requires frequent inspection and new bearings. The 3 larger bearings was not a success in my book.
I run a 09' converted and love this car. I was waiting for the 808e and would love one but my 09 is still hitting the podium. I have a losi for a backup and only reason I have ever need it was the whole bearing/drivetrain issue.

rctouringracer - You are gonna need alot to convert it over.
New Chassis and CVD's are going to jack up the cost.
I would buy a new one and just have a backup. I travel alot so I always have a backup ride
thx
Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annonymous
You still cant get the diff out with that mount????? i am not sure i understand the purpose of that pic
That really doesn't make sense does it??? You are exactly right. you cant get the diff out without taking the motor mount off. Very strange that they would highlight this. Someone from the engineering department needs to review what the marketing department publishes. LOL
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
That really doesn't make sense does it??? You are exactly right. you cant get the diff out without taking the motor mount off. Very strange that they would highlight this. Someone from the engineering department needs to review what the marketing department publishes. LOL
that's not true. look at it carefully. you can take the diff out by taking the top plate off only. you have to tilt the diff and pull. It looks simple.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
that's not true. look at it carefully. you can take the diff out by taking the top plate off only. you have to tilt the diff and pull. It looks simple.
That is how I remove my diff with my Elite RC mount. However, I don't have a radio plate that close either. It will be tight getting the diff out for sure.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
That is how I remove my diff with my Elite RC mount. However, I don't have a radio plate that close either. It will be tight getting the diff out for sure.
It's kinda hard to tell with the diagonal view of the diff and radio tray. I'm sure it maybe tight, but im sure it's possible to take the diff out...
Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I was kind of puzzled by this 'highlighted' portion as well, because you cannot simply tilt the diff to get it out of the car .

But since you don't have to worry about throttle linkage and brakes, it's no big deal to unscrew it out of the bottom of the chassis...6 screws and the diff is in your hand.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hope you guys are right. Would be nice if the dif was simple to get out like that. But somehow I doubt that it will just tip out. Was never successful getting that to work in the past.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

It appears that once you take the top plate off, you slide the diff forward a little bit to get it out of the motor mount and then it will just lift out. I'm sure the pictures are deceiving, they wouldn't advertise something if it didn't work.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is always some play with plastic for the center diff, am not so sure about the metal diff holders, am guessing they have put some play in there to allow for it to be slide out with some angle being pulled upwards.

U would be surprised to what a little play can do to access things and remove things.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Dont mean to hijack the thread but just spreading the word on the 2010 ROAR 1:8 Electric offroad Nationals Sept 17-19 hope you X-Ray drivers can make it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...t-17-19-a.html
Old 08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

California is a long way...

Any idea as to where it will be in the next year or two?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Change for the sake of change is stupid. I think the 810E looks fine. Ya'll had your chance to influence it's design on Xrays forums for over a year now.

I wonder if some of you think it should look more like a flying saucer or something?

What majik changes did you have in mind? You just tear out the nitro engine fuel tank and radio tray, and pop in a battery box, motor, and radio tray. Really not that complex.

My suggestions were to copy the Losi 8 straight up, but get the weight a bit further back. It seems like we went too far, and put too much weight forward with our E8 and E809 conversions. Then needed over stiff springs and damping up front.

Looks like Xray did that. Looks just like my E809 but with the motor slightly further back.
My 809 conversion has a few bugs, I'm looking forward to having a factory kit again.

But whats up with thoses springs? Silver 808 springs are way too soft for a Ebuggy. I'm running blue/grays up front and they're a shade too soft, and blue rears. Gray Losi rears worked well.

I wonder if the body actually fits over real hardcase 4500mah 4s batteries. I don't think 5800mah is going to fit in that tray, too short.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scwrod
ganymede - The 09' 2 bearing with aluminum spacer is the best setup. Although it still requires frequent inspection and new bearings. The 3 larger bearings was not a success in my book.
I run a 09' converted and love this car. I was waiting for the 808e and would love one but my 09 is still hitting the podium. I have a losi for a backup and only reason I have ever need it was the whole bearing/drivetrain issue.
yup... but they used the larger 13x20mm pinion bearings instead of the smaller but more reliable 13x19mm pinion bearings in the 09...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Change for the sake of change is stupid. I think the 810E looks fine. Ya'll had your chance to influence it's design on Xrays forums for over a year now.

I wonder if some of you think it should look more like a flying saucer or something?

What majik changes did you have in mind? You just tear out the nitro engine fuel tank and radio tray, and pop in a battery box, motor, and radio tray. Really not that complex.

My suggestions were to copy the Losi 8 straight up, but get the weight a bit further back. It seems like we went too far, and put too much weight forward with our E8 and E809 conversions. Then needed over stiff springs and damping up front.

Looks like Xray did that. Looks just like my E809 but with the motor slightly further back.
My 809 conversion has a few bugs, I'm looking forward to having a factory kit again.

But whats up with thoses springs? Silver 808 springs are way too soft for a Ebuggy. I'm running blue/grays up front and they're a shade too soft, and blue rears. Gray Losi rears worked well.

I wonder if the body actually fits over real hardcase 4500mah 4s batteries. I don't think 5800mah is going to fit in that tray, too short.
I never change spring, just go up in 5wt in shock oil. I put my Nitro Set-up on the E-Scale, change the shock oil, and run it. The kit comes with the 8 and 10 hole pistons though.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I haven't changed my setup at all from IC to electric.

Generally people have gone harder springs or oil? I run 600cst oil and blue/grey springs all round and 1.4 pistons front, 1.5 rears, but can't even remember how many hole they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.