Wiki Posts
Search

Associated 1/10 Bleeder Shock Caps

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Associated 1/10 Bleeder Shock Caps

Anybody try the Associated 1/10 Bleeder Shock Caps yet? If so, how do you like them?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

thats why we have the b4/t4 thread, slightly below this thread. i hate them and refuse to go back. go thru the pages on there and find a few good fights over them
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I made a set once by tapping a 4-40 hole into the stock shock caps and plugging it with a REALLY short button head screw, actually worked pretty decent and made building equal shocks ten times easier. Leaked a little bit, but hey, homemade right?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

When i had them I liked them alot. easy rebuilds.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
thats why we have the b4/t4 thread, slightly below this thread. i hate them and refuse to go back. go thru the pages on there and find a few good fights over them
How do you know he wants them for a B4/T4 since the same caps work with previous AE models (B2, B3, T2, T3) as well as the SC10? Therefore it makes sense his question is posted in a new thread. Had he asked has anyone tried them on their B4/T4 then you would have the green light to play internet police.

Having said that...

Before AE started making them Yokoma (sp?) made very similar bleeder caps. I havent tried the AE one's yet (just got them in the mail today) but I can tell you I loved the Yokoma's. They made shock building much easier and for right around $7 I would recommend them to everyone.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
How do you know he wants them for a B4/T4 since the same caps work with previous AE models (B2, B3, T2, T3) as well as the SC10? Therefore it makes sense his question is posted in a new thread. Had he asked has anyone tried them on their B4/T4 then you would have the green light to play internet police.

Having said that...

Before AE started making them Yokoma (sp?) made very similar bleeder caps. I havent tried the AE one's yet (just got them in the mail today) but I can tell you I loved the Yokoma's. They made shock building much easier and for right around $7 I would recommend them to everyone.
does it really matter what vehicle it's for? dont we all hit jumps and refill out shocks once in a while? if they suck on the b4 and t4, what makes you think that they will be better on a b3 just for example?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam

Having said that...

i tied yokomo ones, they wouldnt thread on....
Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

I think the bleeder shock caps are awesome. Makes it much easier to get each shock exactly the same. The shocks also feel much smoother because you can get almost all of the air out with the bleeders.

The yokomo caps were also very brittle and would break when you broke an A arm. The AE caps are really tough just like the non-bleeder AE caps.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i tied yokomo ones, they wouldnt thread on....
the yokomo ones only fit older shock bodies before they changed the threads on the cap...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I didn't even know AE already released those bleeder caps... Gotta try a set for myself... One of the things I hated the most was refilling the shocks with oil in AE cars... It's not the act that I hate, it's making them symmetrical was the PIA...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I didn't even know AE already released those bleeder caps... Gotta try a set for myself... One of the things I hated the most was refilling the shocks with oil in AE cars... It's not the act that I hate, it's making them symmetrical was the PIA...
the bleeder caps dont reduce leaking throughout the shock. it made it worse for me...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude dont even bother buying them. they strip out way to easy and they arent worth it
-Assoc

Last edited by associatedboy; 02-01-2010 at 08:30 PM.