Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Needs help,  Yokomo MX-4 or Works '93 >

Needs help, Yokomo MX-4 or Works '93

Needs help, Yokomo MX-4 or Works '93

Old 03-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Needs help, Yokomo MX-4 or Works '93

Hi! I'm new to offroad but not to RC. I'm gonna try 4WD offroad and I'm choosing between Yok Works '93 (in very good condition plus 5X cheaper) & Yok MX-4. Can the Works '93 still be competitive or should i get the new MX-4 or the MR4BC? Tnx
Old 03-13-2002, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you plan on racing I wouldent do it with any of those cars. The Yoke is fast but fragile and needs lots of work to get it to handle. If your going to spend any money buy a Schumacher or eaven a Losi those other cars are nothin but trouble
Old 03-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Listen to what he says. The Yok's aren't that dependable on off road due to the fact that they are always breaking. Stick with a Losi or a Schumacher.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool MX4 vs. YOKO '93

There's no comparison. If two equal drivers were used, the MX4 would wail on the "old" car. it's like comparing an original rc10 to a B3! The new car is much lighter and more adjustable. You don't say where you'd run the car though. Yoko's new shocks are the smoothest I've ever seen. I've got two of them...The only bad part is if your local track stocks parts. Most don't.

Randy