Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
new ofna,hong nor, jammin brushless 1/8th buggy >

new ofna,hong nor, jammin brushless 1/8th buggy

new ofna,hong nor, jammin brushless 1/8th buggy

Old 01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default new ofna,hong nor, jammin brushless 1/8th buggy

Looks like a caster and a ve8 smashed together. vertical batts, dont know how much it will help cog top to bottom but it will help left to right. I think the pics are skewed a little.

from neobuggy

"We uncovered a couple of photos which look to be of the as of yet unannounced Hong Nor 1/8th Brushless Buggy. We believe it will share the name with its nitro cousin; the X2, and features similar front and rear ends. Hong Nor have gone for the narrow design, motor forward and batteries vertical to get them as centred as possible."
Attached Thumbnails new ofna,hong nor, jammin brushless 1/8th buggy-hnbrushless.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Its nice I just dont like the stand up batts.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Hello!! Im likeing the look of it
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

I am undecided. it would be nice to see some good pics of it.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by interplanet
I am undecided. it would be nice to see some good pics of it.
I was going to sell my jammin x1 cr stuff then later once summer is here buy the hyper 9e. But this is looking very tempting!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

looks to share the same chassis as the 9e
Old 01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Looks like a caster and a ve8 smashed together. vertical batts, dont know how much it will help cog top to bottom but it will help left to right. I think the pics are skewed a little.

from neobuggy

"We uncovered a couple of photos which look to be of the as of yet unannounced Hong Nor 1/8th Brushless Buggy. We believe it will share the name with its nitro cousin; the X2, and features similar front and rear ends. Hong Nor have gone for the narrow design, motor forward and batteries vertical to get them as centred as possible."
looks good but i did not find it on hong nor or jammin web site. its alot thinner n use saddle pack.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

looks to share the same chassis as the 9e
Sorry but I really don't think so. The Hyper and Jammin are two totally different cars made by two different manufacturers. Besides there are a lot of differences in layout that would not make that possible.

IMO they are trying to make it too narrow. There really isn't a reason for it to be that narrow, and I think they are hurting the overall design and weight distribution of the car while trying to make it narrow and make it look like a 4 wheel buggy. IMO it is lacking some key points in design. Why dual lipos? Why no mud guards? etc...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sorry but I really don't think so. The Hyper and Jammin are two totally different cars made by two different manufacturers. Besides there are a lot of differences in layout that would not make that possible.

IMO they are trying to make it too narrow. There really isn't a reason for it to be that narrow, and I think they are hurting the overall design and weight distribution of the car while trying to make it narrow and make it look like a 4 wheel buggy. IMO it is lacking some key points in design. Why dual lipos? Why no mud guards? etc...
Why are you always such a grumpy pants?
Hows it being narrow hurting the desgin? just wondering? The stance will be the same but the chasis is narrower. I see how the stance being narrower wouldnt good for the desgin.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

hong nor is the manufacturer for ofna and jammin.

check it out

http://www.ofna.com/forum/
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Why are you always such a grumpy pants?
Hows it being narrow hurting the desgin? just wondering? The stance will be the same but the chasis is narrower. I see how the stance being narrower wouldnt good for the desgin.
LOL I just speak the truth. The way the narrowness is hurting the design is by use of vertical batteries, and lack of mud guards. If you ever run on a loose track mud guards are a must unless you want a car full of dirt. Also looks to have a motor size limitation because of the cramped design. I don't like the dual 2s design. It may be slightly better for weight bias(not sure though cause a motor weighs much more than a servo) but it sure is a pain to deal with. You have to charge 2 different batteries, and the chassis design always ends up cramped.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

. Why dual lipos? Why no mud guards? etc...
lots of guys racing electrics are running without mudgaurds for the simple fact that you dont need them when racing, as for the dual battery I think it helps in wieght disribution, say in a 1 pod setup you run a 4s 5000 and a 6s 5000 in the same car, that trhows everything out of wack, now run 2 2s or 2 3s in this and walla, no change in side to side wieght distribution, althoug it looks to me Like 2s is the limit in those bays
Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

hong nor is the manufacturer for ofna and jammin.

check it out

http://www.ofna.com/forum/
No, Hong Nor is the manufacturer of Jammin. Hobao is the manufacturer of Hyper. No relation other than that they are sold by ofna in the states.

lots of guys racing electrics are running without mudgaurds for the simple fact that you dont need them when racing, as for the dual battery I think it helps in wieght disribution, say in a 1 pod setup you run a 4s 5000 and a 6s 5000 in the same car, that trhows everything out of wack, now run 2 2s or 2 3s in this and walla, no change in side to side wieght distribution, althoug it looks to me Like 2s is the limit in those bays
Those are the same battery trays as used in the jammin SCRT-10. They only accept a 2s battery so you will be limited to a 4s setup.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

it sure has a narrow chassis that for sure. I looks balanced well from the pics.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

No, Hong Nor is the manufacturer of Jammin. Hobao is the manufacturer of Hyper. No relation other than that they are sold by ofna in the states.

Those are the same battery trays as used in the jammin SCRT-10. They only accept a 2s battery so you will be limited to a 4s setup.

LOL I just speak the truth. The way the narrowness is hurting the design is by use of vertical batteries, and lack of mud guards. If you ever run on a loose track mud guards are a must unless you want a car full of dirt. Also looks to have a motor size limitation because of the cramped design. I don't like the dual 2s design. It may be slightly better for weight bias(not sure though cause a motor weighs much more than a servo) but it sure is a pain to deal with. You have to charge 2 different batteries, and the chassis design always ends up cramped.
I see what your saying!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.