Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Electric vs Nitro >

Electric vs Nitro

Electric vs Nitro

Old 04-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my point in that was to say.. ask first.. I meet so many "know it alls" at places I go.. I am down to help anyone with any car.. all you have to do is ask if you don't know.. don't go around blaming things on the fact it's a nitro car.. that is the incorrect.. blame yourself for not looking in the right places for knowledge.. I mean you had to learn how to type to type posts on here from someone.. I learned about 50% of my nitro knowledge myself because I'm an experienced mechanic.. but there were things I wouldn't have found out for years if I didn't ask.. I mean.. who'd a thunk that 1/12 of a turn on the mixture needle would make such a difference.. that's where the other 50% of my knowledge is from.. other racers.. so, please.. don't go blaming the car.. all it did was offer a good time..
Old 04-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by warpig
I think he made that up.. marvel oil is the shiz.. 10 drops and bam.. takes about 5 seconds.. one time I hurt my back adding after run oil into my engine.. it is tough.. makes me work up a sweat in that 5 seconds.. oh.. and man.. tuning.. sheesh.. don't get me started.. it takes a couple tanks to tune it properly.. like a whole 10 minutes.. I might as well shoot myself.. so, I put about 30 minutes a year into each engine.. besides running it and having a blast for many many hours.. and having no worries.. gee.. it's tough running nitro.. it takes me 60 seconds to blow off my car after running.. what a nightmare.. that is just too long of time.. and waay to diffictult..

bottom line is.. don't knock nitro if you just are ignorant about it.. the first step should have been asking for assistance and gaining knowledge from that.. because once you understand everything.. it is the most laid back fun racing.. assuming we are talking offroad
I like how you say that you meet so many knowitalls when I think I just met one myself...

sheesh, this whole thread is rediculous. Its a matter of opinion and no matter how much you dont like it you can't change it
(end of rant)

and as you said, sorry you probably didnt deserve that either
Old 04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

nice avator..

no.. I'm not a Know it all by any means.. didn't you read my posts.. I learned from somewhere what I know today.. and you can deduct from that I may learn something else tomorrow.. why should I pretend to not know anything when I do?? I'm here to help people

I am sorry if I'm being offensive.. I am personally just sick of going to tracks that are anti-nitro.. for no reason at all.. I like electric.. they are fun and convenient.. but dang.. what's with the anti this and that stuff.. most nitro racers I know like electric.. but maybe prefer nitro.. because they took the time to learn how to operate one..

I love you all
Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

yes I agree, and if you find my avatar offensive I'll change it

sorry for my rant

the anti nitro tracks is also a reason I dont like it, because I want to race and in order for me to do so, I dont want to drive clear across the county, especially if i dont have a license
Old 04-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

there are more nitro races than any other race by far.. you must live in a unique area..

why are you selling your XTM?? (that may be why you have had trouble being an XTM and all) and why are 2 out of the 3 of your other cars broken?? don't you have people to assist you?? let me know if I can help.. seriously..

BTW... you do seem pretty anti-nitro yourself..
Old 04-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well if I do go nitro warpig, I'm going to be bugging the hell out of you with questions!

HAve any recommendations for a first nitro truck? I'm not looking to race, just mess around.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Sorry for being so hard on you earlier.
Hey, no problem man. No harm, no foul
Old 04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dylan-d
Well if I do go nitro warpig, I'm going to be bugging the hell out of you with questions!

HAve any recommendations for a first nitro truck? I'm not looking to race, just mess around.
Check out Associated or Losi.
They both make RTR nitro trucks.
Those are the 2 major brands in stadium trucks.
You should be able to find a lot of help with either of those trucks.
I personally run a Mugen MST-1.
I wouldn't recommend it to rookies, because parts are hard to find, and support for the truck isn't the greatest.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

well first off i live out in east county of San Diego and the nearest track is maybe 15 minutes north and its an indoor track which means no nitro

I'm selling the nitro basically because it just isn't my style... and around my area there are only jumps I've built for RC, and all are in small places not large enough to satisfy the beast... I will admit, the thing does haul @$$ and I love the sound... but for me, at my age without a job, I can't really afford to buy gas every month or so...

basically what im saying is electric is more of my style; (not a racer) cheaper (i just buy 3000 sport packs for 20 bucks and $30 motors every year or so)

I'll admit, I'm not as biased as i make it seem

Also, i'll change the avatar for ya

p.s. XTM isn't as bad as some think, I've had good luck with it, it's very tough yet they need to put a better set of electronics.... all in all its one tough truck
Old 04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dylan-d
Hey, no problem man. No harm, no foul
I'm not sure if you know this or not.
In the Nitro On Road Forum, (at the top) there is a forum just for nitro engines called Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone .
You could find a lot of info about engines and tuning there.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I do think the associated is probably the best bet for RTR..

I would say the Losi xxxnt.. but, I've seen some major issues with that engine they supply with it.. it's hit or miss.. two in fact had the seat to the carberator not installed fully and they were blocking about 90% of the fuel flow.. talk about frustrating a new guy with mechanical issues.. but then again, a buddy of mine bought one and ran that stock engine all season... he did alright with it.. kept a good tune and smooth power..

to be honest. the associated engine needs to be taken care of.. it should last for a while.. but you can never run it too lean.. or it will probably be toast.. I haven't seen assembly problems from the engine yet..

the associated is a bit more of a tough truck.. it keeps itself pretty planted in loose conditions also..

the losi is a more aggressive driving truck.. but, a bit brittle.. not too bad though..

bottom line..

the losi comes with a hit/miss engine and good radio, not quite as durable as the losi.. great starting kit though.. one of the best there is available... great driving truck when you get a good engine

the associated.. a easy to break in and run engine with no factory failure that I've seen yet.. although not too powerful.. durable truck, not so nice of electronics... ie radio etc..

you can run a starter box with both those stock engines also.. I think you may have to change the flywheel on the associated to do that..
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

and why are 2 out of the 3 of your other cars broken?? don't you have people to assist you??
forgot that part... nope, my parents hate the hobby and say its a complete waste of money and time
Old 04-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

hmm.. these cars can teach you a lot.. that's too bad.. sorry to hear that
Old 04-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by warpig
hmm.. these cars can teach you a lot.. that's too bad.. sorry to hear that
me too

but yeah, i've decided to take my vote and change it to neutral because warpig does have a point...
Old 04-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Warpig, surely the associated nitro truck is as quick as the T4?

What's the general opinion on HPI nitro trucks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.