Introducing TAP RC

Reply

Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
  #31  
JSR
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Northrop or Raytheon? My buddy works for Northrop in El Segundo...
I'm at L3. How about you?...Raytheon?...NG?...Boeing?
JSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
  #32  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JSR View Post
I'm at L3. How about you?...Raytheon?...NG?...Boeing?


That's so freaky. I was at L-3 also... But I was at one of the Anaheim branches, at Interstate Electronic Corp. There's another branch also down the street from where I was, which was Power Paragon.

What's funny was, a few years back, I was passing through Torrance, and saw L-3 there. That made me apply for it, and I ended up at L-3 in Anaheim and found out that L-3 was made up of a bunch of different companies...
tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
jk racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I got 2 to work with, but one is still sealed NIP...with stickers sheets too...

The other one has already been used for a mold, didnt leave a mark at all. I will attempt to find out the material the guy used, it is very lexan friendly. I was truly thinking of making a mold from the outside, the casting it in that mold afterwards. Then, if the mold compound isnt right, or breaks, its ready to make another without having to have the body!!

PM sent on another idea....
jk racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
  #34  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jk racing View Post
I got 2 to work with, but one is still sealed NIP...with stickers sheets too...

The other one has already been used for a mold, didnt leave a mark at all. I will attempt to find out the material the guy used, it is very lexan friendly. I was truly thinking of making a mold from the outside, the casting it in that mold afterwards. Then, if the mold compound isnt right, or breaks, its ready to make another without having to have the body!!

PM sent on another idea....
That sounds really good. Being able to make a mold without the actual object would save a lot of heartaches of having to scrounge up an actual...

PM replied on your idea...
tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:48 AM
  #35  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Polycarbonate B44 Shock Tower PROMO

I am proud to announce that the production version of TAP RC's B44 Shock Tower has rolled out of production and is ready! Here are some promo pictures:










The prototype has been tested and these towers can take a beating.


I am in the process of working out the packaging, but if you would like to be one of the first to own one of these please PM me.


tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 AM
  #36  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: not in a tree, CA
Posts: 455
Default

I dig the pissed off unhappy face!!!
lusifur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
  #37  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
sim600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Congrats, Tom.
I think I remember you from the DF-03 threads. Did that buggy play a role in your decision to start TAP RC?
sim600 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
  #38  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sim600 View Post
Congrats, Tom.
I think I remember you from the DF-03 threads. Did that buggy play a role in your decision to start TAP RC?
Thanks sim! Well sort of,I've always had ideas on what custom parts should be made and now that I've had more time recently, I've decided to put it downand start a company.

Originally Posted by seany916 View Post
I dig the pissed off unhappy face!!!
Thanks Sean, although the towers are clear, you can paint up and customize it to whatever you want. They are tough as nails, and actually, I will be at OCRC later on to run the B44 later.
tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM
  #39  
JSR
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post


That's so freaky. I was at L-3 also... But I was at one of the Anaheim branches, at Interstate Electronic Corp. There's another branch also down the street from where I was, which was Power Paragon.

What's funny was, a few years back, I was passing through Torrance, and saw L-3 there. That made me apply for it, and I ended up at L-3 in Anaheim and found out that L-3 was made up of a bunch of different companies...
Ha, yeah, I know the Anaheim L3. I thought about applying there before, but it's further from my house than Torrance is and I already hate my current commute.
Yeah, L3 is a conglomerate...HQ is in NY and they just buy defense companies. Are you at Raytheon or NGC now?
JSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
  #40  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

nope, trying to start my own business...
tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 PM
  #41  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nampa, ID
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

It takes mad skillz to make angry partz.

There's an advertising campaign in there somewhere....
cbr74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
  #42  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sheboygan Falls, WI
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Tom, what other cars do you plan on making parts for? How about the t4?
interplanet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
  #43  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cbr74 View Post
It takes mad skillz to make angry partz.

There's an advertising campaign in there somewhere....
Thanks cbr! I appreciate the compliment...

Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
Tom, what other cars do you plan on making parts for? How about the t4?

Actually, I am currently developing some parts for the B4/T4... Don't want to get into too much detail, but it's similar to a type of part that a company long long time ago (almost 15 years ago) used to make, but for some reason, they faded out of existence... I am planning on bringing it back to the market, TAP RC designed, for the venerable B4/T4 and possibly the SC10. But the SC10's configuration makes it a bit difficult to accommodate, so I might just release a B4/T4 variant first, then, an SC10 variant...

Stay tuned...

tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
  #44  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
T-BirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norwood, OH...and CCRCR and The OhioRCFactory
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Tom...you must be a badass dude, 'cuz if ThunderbirdJunkie put his car with those filthy tires on his nice, clean carpet the old lady would make sure he was useless to women for the rest of his life.
T-BirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
  #45  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
Tom...you must be a badass dude, 'cuz if ThunderbirdJunkie put his car with those filthy tires on his nice, clean carpet the old lady would make sure he was useless to women for the rest of his life.


Luckily, it was in the garage... I do miss carpets over wooden floor...
tom_chang79 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service