Search

xxx cr electronics

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default xxx cr electronics

hey
Im really new to this forum but not to rc in general. Im just looking for some tips on what setup to put in a xxx cr becasue im am looking to start racing in the buggy class...

I was thinking the LRP sxx comp. any input on that

and what turn brushless motor should I use?
this is not gonna be a bashing car at all.

if anyone has any suggestions at all about electronics, they would be appriciated

thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the sxx comp is a very nice speedo, i run one and love it. what class are you going to run with the buggy? lrp, trinity orion. im selling a novak ballistic 8.5 if you are interested.
for a radio if you have the money get the spektrum dx3r, very nice and very user friendly. for a servo, something above 100oz in torque and like .10 for speed. the associated xp 1015 is very nice.
assuming you're going to use lipo, smc, epic, orion, thunder power make some of the best cells right now, and have a great discharge rate with them too.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

wow thanks

great info
Im afraid i cant buy the novak from you cause I just like to get new stuff.. if you know wut I mean is 8.5t appropriate for the buggy and I am planning to run modified buggy. I am looking at the vector LRP series of motor so I could get teh esc in a combo for cheaper. are those any good?

also do you go to trackside a lot... becasue thats where I race....

thanks again
Old 01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

oh and yess I have an elite 35c 5000mah lipo also does anyone have an idea for the radio gear.... i know that you said dx3r but I would just like to see a couple other options...

thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by microbomb
oh and yess I have an elite 35c 5000mah lipo also does anyone have an idea for the radio gear.... i know that you said dx3r but I would just like to see a couple other options...

thanks
yes, i was at trackside today, just getting a few things done, im racing tomorrow. for buggy, lrp x12 8.5 is awesome for that track, my ballistic is doing alright, and my other one is brand new, mite be sold though. btw, stormer hobbies has the cheapest systems too if you want to spend more, the airtronics m11x is very nice. i really like my associated xp 1015, perfect speed for the track too. if you want setup, i have 3 million setup sheets of what we're all running.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by not home
yes, i was at trackside today, just getting a few things done, im racing tomorrow. for buggy, lrp x12 8.5 is awesome for that track, my ballistic is doing alright, and my other one is brand new, mite be sold though. btw, stormer hobbies has the cheapest systems too if you want to spend more, the airtronics m11x is very nice. i really like my associated xp 1015, perfect speed for the track too. if you want setup, i have 3 million setup sheets of what we're all running.
setup sheets..... haha

can you hook me up online? m11x is gonna be a little out of my price range but I was looking at the m11 which I have heard good things about.

thanks again for the response... I wont be able to get to the track for a while so if you could share the setup sheets tht would be awsome
Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

setup sheets..... haha

can you hook me up online? m11x is gonna be a little out of my price range but I was looking at the m11 which I have heard good things about.

thanks again for the response... I wont be able to get to the track for a while so if you could share the setup sheets tht would be awsome
yeah, i have to talk to one of the guys, who has the losi team's setup from the most recent spektrum offroad chapionships race. i would go for the dx3r, just because its really light and super easy to use, i didnt think a radio was that easy to use.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by not home
yeah, i have to talk to one of the guys, who has the losi team's setup from the most recent spektrum offroad chapionships race. i would go for the dx3r, just because its really light and super easy to use, i didnt think a radio was that easy to use.
ok thanks... its not urgent or anything so no pressure just whenever. and I will look at the dx3r a little more

thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

ok thanks... its not urgent or anything so no pressure just whenever. and I will look at the dx3r a little more

thanks
no problem
Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have a M-11 with a carbon rap for $230 shipped!
With spektrum modual... no recever!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I have a M-11 with a carbon rap for $230 shipped!
With spektrum modual... no recever!
sweet I will keep that in mind but Im Have a crappy losi 2.4 radio that I am just gonna use in it for the first couple weeks... see how I like it and all... then I will upgrade.

thanks for the offer
Old 01-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

I have another question......

I have been racing a slash for a couple months now and I would just like to get into the buggy class because they seem to be "the next level up". i was just wondering if any of my driving skills with my slash would transferto the buggy? also, should i just jump right into the modified class or should i start in the stock 27t class?

thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have another question......

I have been racing a slash for a couple months now and I would just like to get into the buggy class because they seem to be "the next level up". i was just wondering if any of my driving skills with my slash would transferto the buggy? also, should i just jump right into the modified class or should i start in the stock 27t class?

thanks
Learning car control will all transfer over. The buggy will be more nimble and react quicker. IT will accelerate harder and jump better. What you need to now learn is to stop hitting everything in sight! The SC trucks with there full bodies and bumpers allow you to hit a lot of stuff with little effect. An open wheel car does not like to hit stuff.

I would start out in stock and move up from there. A good 17.5 BL system geared properly is still pretty darn fast. If you really want to end up in mod look to see if your track has a SS class. 13.5 is really a mild mod class and faster but still not full mod which I think would be a hard transition to from some one that has only driven SC.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
Learning car control will all transfer over. The buggy will be more nimble and react quicker. IT will accelerate harder and jump better. What you need to now learn is to stop hitting everything in sight! The SC trucks with there full bodies and bumpers allow you to hit a lot of stuff with little effect. An open wheel car does not like to hit stuff.

I would start out in stock and move up from there. A good 17.5 BL system geared properly is still pretty darn fast. If you really want to end up in mod look to see if your track has a SS class. 13.5 is really a mild mod class and faster but still not full mod which I think would be a hard transition to from some one that has only driven SC.
sweet thanks

I just need to find out if my track (S&N's trackside) will let me run the 17.5t brushless in the stock class and we have a 19t class but Im not sure if we car run brushless in those classes....

thanks a ton for the info
Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

sweet thanks

I just need to find out if my track (S&N's trackside) will let me run the 17.5t brushless in the stock class and we have a 19t class but Im not sure if we car run brushless in those classes....

thanks a ton for the info
Trackside's stock is 17.5 or 27t. Super Stock is 13.5/19t, but as far as I know, that's a truck thing...

My suggestion would be to pick up a Tekin RS.... it's the best speedo out there, bar none. Since I've had it, other companies have come out with 3, 4, even 5 different speedos, and when that happens, I get a zip file with a new program and, whoola! I have a "new" speedo. I just can't recommend Tekin stuff enough.

That being said, I'd go with a 17.5 setup for the buggy. That seems to be a fairly popular class. And if you want to move up to mod later, you can pick up a 10.5 or something like that down the road.

If you need the Team Losi Setup for trackside shoot me a email: [email protected], and I'll get it to you...

Good luck, hope to see you at the track sometime!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.