Wiki Posts
Search

Best for 1/8 electric????

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
4.) Yes, I have read about diff issues, chassis breaking, parts wearing out, weak hingepins, shock issues, rtr issues, etc..... A lot of the issues we were battling last year, then add the high prices and I will challenge anyone to compare us to Mugen, Losi, Kyosho, Xray, AE, Hot bodies and Ofna.

5.) Remember that Caster has been around since 2004, but CasterUSA has been the engine pushing us into being the next xray since 2007. With the help of our team guys and customers, I can now say we are a competitor to the above mentioned names instead of just another CEN, TQ, SH,or Redcat.
One correction to your list. I think the companies in red deserve some credit. Hot bodies did just win the worlds, and ofna has been a competitor for years.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I have never seen a Caster....that's not even a consideration. Once they sell them out here in SOCAL and can get parts to me any other way than through the mail I will buy one just to try it. For now, I would say that the Losi 8ight 2.0 or the Ve8 are the best way to go. The guy that owns my local track says Losi and the guy from RC Action magazine who is beating all of the 1/8 Nitro buggies with his Ve8 recommended the Ve8. I just picked up a Ve8 but don't have time to do anything with it yet. Maybe next month....
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

The losi 8ight 2.0 is a well known brand and they fly around a track,you should be able to get replacement parts easily
Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I really like my Caster

I had a Losi and a Kyosho and the Caster feels beter on the track.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To be honost man ..they are basically all good.Its basically boils down to what you want to spend....I mean if your gonna race it set up is the thing if ur gonna bash go with something cheaper ...Like hear at one of my tracks everyone rips and raves bout the Rc8b and Rc8e ...well after a couple of guys drove my losi 2.0 buggy,,,,everyone starting saling their associated for losi's ...the hobby shop had to put the associated parts on sale for 30 percent off to stock losi parts...lol Like someone mentioned earlier but get the brand that you can get parts for the easiest....Good luck
Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I have never seen a Caster....that's not even a consideration. Once they sell them out here in SOCAL and can get parts to me any other way than through the mail I will buy one just to try it. For now, I would say that the Losi 8ight 2.0 or the Ve8 are the best way to go. The guy that owns my local track says Losi and the guy from RC Action magazine who is beating all of the 1/8 Nitro buggies with his Ve8 recommended the Ve8. I just picked up a Ve8 but don't have time to do anything with it yet. Maybe next month....
We are in norcal hobbies and they have sold at least 10 Casters, but that is up near sanfran. Name some local hobby stores down there that actually sell rc cars. I mane that sincerely because we have found that a lot of hobby stores carry traxxas and a few other lines, but survive on selling trains and planes, not rc cars.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

not sure if it matters but Brandon Wilcox ran our fusion truggy last year and will be running it again this year. He is an editor at rccaraction who can run whatever he wants. He liked it during testing so much that he asked if he could race it. He ended up 6th in the series up there and was really happy about it.

www.rccaraction.com/castertruggy