Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedo upgrade worthwhile in off-road?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Speedo upgrade worthwhile in off-road?

Hello all,

Started racing again this year after taking quite a few years off (been racing since the mid-90s). Anyway, I'm racing an SC10 with a 17.5T motor in stock. Indoor off-road dirt track that is small in size. I'm currently running a Havoc ESC along with a 17.5 SS pro motor. Been doing some reading on the Tekin RS with hotwire and it sounds pretty impressive.

I guess I'm wondering if any of the slick adjustments of the Tekin will benefit me in a stock off-road class (Short course at that!) or if it's more intended for maximum effort on-road types.

Appreciate opinions.

CSR
Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

No. My RS and Trinity Duo 17.5 has no advantage on a small track over the Novak Havok. On a larger track, yes. On a medium straight on a indoor track if I get on the striaght side by side with another Sc10 I'll pull a car length ahead. Never more than 2 car lengths. Not really a big deal on small and medium indoor tracks inless your onroad.

Allthough If you had no Esc at all, I would heartily recommend the RS.

Stick with what you have, especially if you plan to move up to mod SCT and run a 8.5 Just make sure your geared perfectly for that 17.5, I think I ran 75/27 or 28 on our smaller tracks, 75/26 useing an Rs with boost set to 30+.........
Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
No. My RS and Trinity Duo 17.5 has no advantage on a small track over the Novak Havok. On a larger track, yes. On a medium straight on a indoor track if I get on the striaght side by side with another Sc10 I'll pull a car length ahead. Never more than 2 car lengths. Not really a big deal on small and medium indoor tracks inless your onroad.

Allthough If you had no Esc at all, I would heartily recommend the RS.

Stick with what you have, especially if you plan to move up to mod SCT and run a 8.5
Kind of what I thought. Thanks for the first-hand comparison.

Mod isn't out of the question at this point, but we'll see. I've got an 11.5T that I've never taken out of the package.

CSR