Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tuning tip for fast acceleration on loose dirt? >

Tuning tip for fast acceleration on loose dirt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tuning tip for fast acceleration on loose dirt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Tuning tip for fast acceleration on loose dirt?

I'm having an issue with my Losi Speed T Short Course conversion truck wanting to kick out to the left almost every time I jump on the throttle, even at speed. I really have to be fluid to avoid it. Once it is moving steady it tracks well, even through pretty good bumps. Is this a setup issue with the ball diff?

Last night I maintenanced the ball diff and it was pretty dirty. Cleaned everything up and tightened it down good. It seemed to improve things, but it was hard to tell for sure because it was getting dark outside and I had limited visibility.

If this is normal, then I'll just back down the ESC some more. It is cool to go real fast, but not when you can't keep it in control or at least going in a straight line. LOL.

ben
Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

on throttle or braking if your car kicks in any direction also check to make sure the tuning of the arms and chassis are identical on both sides and that the tires are balanced. An unbalanced tire or one that is heavier with water, mud or uneven tread wear will cause kick outs. or even if one has venting holes and the other does not may cause one side to flare out increasing the diameter of one tire and not the other causing instant sliding around towards one side.