Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
THUNDER TIGER PRODUCTS >

THUNDER TIGER PRODUCTS

THUNDER TIGER PRODUCTS

Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default THUNDER TIGER PRODUCTS

looking around the car ads and dont see much for TT products/cars, surprised they dont get more into the car production cuzz theyve done real well in the heli area and parts are reasonable + they turn out some good stuff and have for many yrs further more the car bizz seems to be booming
Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They own Team Associated.. what more do they need?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni View Post
They own Team Associated.. what more do they need?
should have known somethin was up
Old 01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm not so sure that TT 'owns' AE, but they seem to be the intro-price brand of the AE car lines. Both are solid brands and I've seen Thunder Tiger buggies do very well on the track.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

No. Thunder Tiger/Ace Hobby bought Team Associated a couple years ago. Much like Horizon bought Team Losi.

Ace/Thunder Tiger appears to have pulled the old AE molds out for the T3/B3 and are making vehicles based on those. The MGT8.0 was out as an MTA-4 with an 8.0 long before the AE version was released.

-Eric
Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
No. Thunder Tiger/Ace Hobby bought Team Associated a couple years ago. Much like Horizon bought Team Losi.

Ace/Thunder Tiger appears to have pulled the old AE molds out for the T3/B3 and are making vehicles based on those. The MGT8.0 was out as an MTA-4 with an 8.0 long before the AE version was released.

-Eric
Thunder Tiger MTA4 and Monster GT .28 are the same truck. There is no MTA4 8.0, the 8.0 engine is unique to Team Associated.

And yes your are right, Thunder Tiger/Ace bought Team Associated few years ago. This explains why both companies share few models.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

-Eric

This is true. They are called the Phoenix ST/Bx vehicles. i have 1 of each for sale right now NIB that I can't seem to unload. $105 for each shipped takes em! They are 90+% similar to the T3/B3 vehicles and many parts from the T4/B4 will fit.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drive2survive View Post
looking around the car ads and dont see much for TT products/cars, surprised they dont get more into the car production cuzz theyve done real well in the heli area and parts are reasonable + they turn out some good stuff and have for many yrs further more the car bizz seems to be booming

kinda of "Ironic" too, as the EB4-S3 Flat Chassis is what the RC8B ended up as..."Geomerty Wise"
the only thing that held them back was the "Parts Support"
for the drivers they were spot on, but you needed to order parts usualy online?
and finding the "Set-Up" or a "Netural Setup" was a bit tricky as the general set up was not very forgiving for the General hobbist.
same for the ST-1 truck....
i still like mine!! i have my AE's for Electric, and my TTR's for Nitro...
they still sell them,even since TTR bought AE.....
in my Humble opinion, i think if TTR re-did just a few parts on the ST-1 be one of the top truggies on the market...
if they made front and rear "Slightly longer" arms, and a "Slightly Longer" chassis, be a Goemetric copy of the RC8T
Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Have you seen the issue of RCCA with the SC18 review? TT has a big ad towards the rear with a... nice pinup...
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

-Eric
I don't work for AE, and perhaps an AE employee can set me straight, but my thought was that Thunder Tiger has been doing the plastics for AE for a while, and afterwards, acquired AE because of their business relation? I'm just happy that TT left AE's core design team alone and didn't move them to Taiwan. TT and AE both have very talented designers... I'm waiting for TT to come out with an S4 1/8th electric buggy...
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

i hear ya !!! if a S4 comes i am all over it !!!!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
I don't work for AE, and perhaps an AE employee can set me straight, but my thought was that Thunder Tiger has been doing the plastics for AE for a while, and afterwards, acquired AE because of their business relation?
Dead on Tom.It is my understanding that TTR had been doing AE's plastics since the middle of the b3/t3 platform.And when TTR bought AE, AE's arrangement with Yokomo that had been in place FOREVER was null which left AE able to produce the B44 since the arrangement with yokomo stipulated that AE not produce a 4wd in direct competition with yokomo's product.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

so how bout them Thunder Tiger cars and trucks