Flipping Rusty

Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Flipping Rusty

My i broke the rear A arms the other day and replaced them with RPM a arms. Now my rusty is flipping over very easily on turns. Are the stock A arms longer then the RPM ones? Could the fact that i have RPM rear arms and stock front arms be causing that? any insight to this would be great. or any other ideas on how to sort this out.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Is it possible you got the nitro rustler rear arms? I know the nitro has narrower arms, it's possible you got the wrong ones, or possibly misbagged
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
Is it possible you got the nitro rustler rear arms? I know the nitro has narrower arms, it's possible you got the wrong ones, or possibly misbagged
i dont think so. i bought the arms from a local hobby shop. the guy there is really good. he knows his stuff, i think he would notice even if something was bagged wrong. and the stock rear arms and the RPM arms seemed to be the same size, i put them against each other when i was switching them out.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Could be arms flexing more - I know the T4 RPM front arms I've used are far more flexible than the stock plastic or carbon arms.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heavy-D View Post
My i broke the rear A arms the other day and replaced them with RPM a arms. Now my rusty is flipping over very easily on turns. Are the stock A arms longer then the RPM ones? Could the fact that i have RPM rear arms and stock front arms be causing that? any insight to this would be great. or any other ideas on how to sort this out.
I am sure that is is something wrong with the way you put the suspension back together. Are the shock positions on the arms the same? Is the camber/toe etc set the same? RPM arms will not flex as much as the stock plastic. It will slightly tighten up you handling. You shouldn't notice is at all just bashing.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
I am sure that is is something wrong with the way you put the suspension back together. Are the shock positions on the arms the same? Is the camber/toe etc set the same? RPM arms will not flex as much as the stock plastic. It will slightly tighten up you handling. You shouldn't notice is at all just bashing.
rpm is great stuff i think that your LHS probably gave you the wrong a arms or like snow said you should check your camber/toe and shock positions
Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As long as the shocks are mounted in the center hole on the RPM a-arm, then that is the correct position as far as stock goes.

Only thing else that could have possibly be done is tires were swapped side to side? Are they both equal wear?

Maybe grasping here but there's really nothing else that can change.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

I figured out what it was after posting this and then going back to check the car -_- I put the shocks in a different whole because i wanted to try something changing the center of gravity of the car and forgetting that i went and did that. haha All fixed now. Thanks tho.