Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Just the seal or the whole cap. If its just the o-ring you can run to home depot or lowes and pick up a couple to get you going. Still sucks though.
I called HRP this morning and they took care of me, great service & great car
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

couple of tuning questions and please respond if you have actually tried these changes.

I switched to RM4 from MM4 and the difference is incredible on rear traction but i changed the kick up to 1.5 where it seems most use 3.0. Has anyone played with the kick up plates? And if so what were the differences you felt?

The front trailing settings? What are the real world differences that you felt?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Harris
A few pics of my new ride. I've always gone out of the way to make my cars a little different and this one was no exception. The chassis was hard anodized black, the cv bones were chromed, the outdrives were hard plated and I opted for the TC5 ballstuds so that I could use the white JC ball cups. I also chose to go with the AE thumbscrews and battery strap as well as some blue aluminum screws where possible. Not sure if it's the climate but down here the shock towers have held up so far. Of course, we haven't run below 75 degrees yet....

what battery strap are you using? Great looking car
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
couple of tuning questions and please respond if you have actually tried these changes.

I switched to RM4 from MM4 and the difference is incredible on rear traction but i changed the kick up to 1.5 where it seems most use 3.0. Has anyone played with the kick up plates? And if so what were the differences you felt?

The front trailing settings? What are the real world differences that you felt?

I havent tried them on the 210...yet But I did play with those settings on my previous car..... less anti-squat tended to yield me more forward bite and side bite on power but it sacrificed jumping ability and going through woops and rough sections on power. The car also was a little looser off power when entering into a corner. Definitely need to up the spring and oil when taking away anti squat as the rear will feel softer.

My previous car had two trailing settings and I always ran more trailing as the car was more stable on the straights and less twitchy. You will get more off power low speed steering with less trail but unless you're on a real small indoor track with not alot of fast sections I would probably stick with the stock 4mm setting (especially if you're running on the same outdoor track that your videos are done at)
Old 12-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hopsing
I havent tried them on the 210...yet But I did play with those settings on my previous car..... less anti-squat tended to yield me more forward bite and side bite on power but it sacrificed jumping ability and going through woops and rough sections on power. The car also was a little looser off power when entering into a corner. Definitely need to up the spring and oil when taking away anti squat as the rear will feel softer.

My previous car had two trailing settings and I always ran more trailing as the car was more stable on the straights and less twitchy. You will get more off power low speed steering with less trail but unless you're on a real small indoor track with not alot of fast sections I would probably stick with the stock 4mm setting (especially if you're running on the same outdoor track that your videos are done at)

thank you sir!! so i will switch back to the 3 kick up and go to -4 trailing. you are right though i cant get the rear suspension to "feel" right with the 1.5 and now it makes sense, i was about to order stiffer rear springs. So many variables that i always seem to forget the simple stuff!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

is every one useing the stock springs or somethingelse?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

ran my car yesterday for the secound time, but the first time after building the diffs properly and using kyosho 4.8mm ball studs and cups. me begin by saying that this car drives far better than the losi 22 and in my opinion jumps better than the kyosho rb5 sp2 wc. i did a side by side comparison with both buggys and hands down the 210 was my choice. at the moment im running the black springs in the front with light red rear, and 35wt losi oil front and rear using 6 hole pistons. the kyosho felt more nimble, but i think that once i change to a 4 hole 1.4m front and 4 hole 1.2 rear pison with 30wt front and 25wt rear the car will come a live. reguard i set the car up with a mix of billy and jorens setup and i think it was dialed. i'll post my setup later on tonight, but after all the doubts i had after building it and all the diff issues i had due to incomplete instructions i am convinced that this car is going to dominate.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Some pictures of the new carbon fiber pieces:

Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Some pictures of the new carbon fiber pieces:
Are the Camber spacers on the tower for clearance of the rod end?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sparkwraps
Are the Camber spacers on the tower for clearance of the rod end?
exactomundo. It is a less-than-ideal design... but so far seems to be working just fine.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)
Default MM setup

are any of you having any luck with the MM setup? I tried the MM4 and had issues with rear traction. We run on a hard packed clay track that tends to get dusty. I have tried rebars SS compound and Holeshots SS. Im going to try the RM4 setup and see how that works. I would rather run the MM4. Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Questions??

Hey Cpt. America where did you get the additional gold washers from? It looks really trick!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skyline1015
are any of you having any luck with the MM setup? I tried the MM4 and had issues with rear traction. We run on a hard packed clay track that tends to get dusty. I have tried rebars SS compound and Holeshots SS. Im going to try the RM4 setup and see how that works. I would rather run the MM4. Any help would be appreciated
Man, just nip it in the bud!! i tried for two weeks and unless you are on ultra grippy clay or carpet its not going to hook up like the RM. i switched while at the track to RM4 and it was GREAT and i still had everything else setup for MM! i gave it the ol 1-2 but its not going to be good on dirt..... well maybe good but not great!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by kwilke
is every one useing the stock springs or somethingelse?
I still use the stock springs.....my car has just been working so good for me that I havent gotten around to trying anything else!! With my current setup its fast, easy to drive and competitive. Can it be faster. I'm sure it can, but I want to go as far as I can out of the box before I start changing other things like springs.

I always like to start with kit parts first....alot of R&D goes in to these things before they are released. The stock springs may not be right for all track conditions or driving styles, but if you just jump right in to someone elses set up without even trying it stock, how will you ever know if the car is really that good or better?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Man, just nip it in the bud!! i tried for two weeks and unless you are on ultra grippy clay or carpet its not going to hook up like the RM. i switched while at the track to RM4 and it was GREAT and i still had everything else setup for MM! i gave it the ol 1-2 but its not going to be good on dirt..... well maybe good but not great!
LOL. i really like how the MM jumps but I would rather have the rear traction. Are you running the MM4 or MM3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.