Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Giving the car a once over I noticed the outdrives are showing a bit of wear. The RB5 I just sold with 10 times as much run time showed less wear. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Giving the car a once over I noticed the outdrives are showing a bit of wear. The RB5 I just sold with 10 times as much run time showed less wear. Has anyone else seen this?
Hmm, I'll have to look at mine when I get back into town. How many runs are on it? I just looked at mine the other day and from what I remember mine looked perfect after about 20 packs through it.

I will say that after 25 packs through my car, that wear on the suspension parts is near non-existent so far on the 210. I've seen Losi22 parts that are worn and loose after one race day (that steering rack is horrible from what I've seen).
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

One race day, so about 8 to 10 packs. The rest of the car is still tight and slop free.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Matt now that i finally got a day of testing i know what i am sending you to try out.
If it's a rear shock tower I have one from Atomic Carbon on the way, should be here beginning of the week.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Well, I did the "first time out thing" and I have to say the car is good, my setup was a bit off, but the car still behaved better than it should have, and every change made good progress. Started out with a on/off steering push, and after 2 heats and the "B" it was getting competitive. Stayed after and ran a few more packs, and after a couple more changes, the car was on pace. Some more fine tuning and I think it'll be golden. Through all this it was still very easy to drive..I found the car very durable, no problems with anything, although I did boil my ball cups, after hearing others have an issue with them popping..never had an issue..
Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

manage to fit a complet Xerun V2.1 120A speedo incl the fan under the body.

I had my doubts at first couse the speedon with fan is fairy high

Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What motor you running? I run Speed Passion which is pretty much the same internally and don't even bother with fan. Ran it with as low as a 8.5 with no issues. Now 4wd is another story.

Last edited by kwiksi; 11-27-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

I have a speedpassion ultra sportsman 10.5T
I run it boosted and with timing.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default going to order mine soon

hi im going to order my dex210 soon and i was wondering what battery i should get because i've been hearing alot of people are running the short packs. the motor set up im going to run is a tekin rs pro with a 8.5t tekin motor. what is the advantage to running the short packs? also what gear set up is a good starting one i run on a tight indoor clay track and a fairly large outdoor clay track. mid motor 4,rear motor 4,rear motor 3, mid motor 3. what are most people running and what would be the best all around set up as far as that goes?
thanks blake
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

could someone please post where they have carbon fiber shock towers for the rear and on a different note I believe I saw a carbon fiber chasis for the buggy and was curious if anyone has tried it or has an opinion on it.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE
hi im going to order my dex210 soon and i was wondering what battery i should get because i've been hearing alot of people are running the short packs. the motor set up im going to run is a tekin rs pro with a 8.5t tekin motor. what is the advantage to running the short packs? also what gear set up is a good starting one i run on a tight indoor clay track and a fairly large outdoor clay track. mid motor 4,rear motor 4,rear motor 3, mid motor 3. what are most people running and what would be the best all around set up as far as that goes?
thanks blake
Short packs make a change in how much the car weights and handles. I prefer to run them in mine after testing back to back. The simple ability to shift the weight of the pack front to back is a huge factor. There are setups on TD's website for both battery types.

I've gone back and forth between RM4 and RM3 and if I need rear grip RM4 is where it's at. If I need steering RM3 provides more.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
could someone please post where they have carbon fiber shock towers for the rear and on a different note I believe I saw a carbon fiber chasis for the buggy and was curious if anyone has tried it or has an opinion on it.
http://www.8-racing.de/shop/carbonch...category_id=33

I got the front and rear towers shipped in a hurry for right at 61.00
Old 11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Well, I did the "first time out thing" and I have to say the car is good, my setup was a bit off, but the car still behaved better than it should have, and every change made good progress. Started out with a on/off steering push, and after 2 heats and the "B" it was getting competitive. Stayed after and ran a few more packs, and after a couple more changes, the car was on pace. Some more fine tuning and I think it'll be golden. Through all this it was still very easy to drive..I found the car very durable, no problems with anything, although I did boil my ball cups, after hearing others have an issue with them popping..never had an issue..
i agree completly. the first night out, the car wasw better than i was! i think it will only get better
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
Just a quick pic from my club race at SDRC Raceway in San Diego on Wednesday night....that's Patrick See's 210 behind mine. I qualified 3rd and Patrick 4th in 2wd exp mod. I led half the race and had a brain anurism dropping me to 3rd/4th. Got back to 2nd and blew it again dropping to 3rd again. Patrick had some bad luck and had to pull off for 4 laps before rejoining the race. I did set hero lap for that particular run though so I know the car is fast
I came out to SDRC Friday night, down from Washington on vacation, and sat and chatted it up with Patrick for most of the night. SDRC is a great facility, great track, and the people seem great as well. Patrick hooked me up with a huge stack of 210 wheels in black that he didn't want to run... i still need to paypal him.... you were MIA! Maybe next time.

-Cpt.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE
thanks blake
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Short packs make a change in how much the car weights and handles. I prefer to run them in mine after testing back to back. The simple ability to shift the weight of the pack front to back is a huge factor. There are setups on TD's website for both battery types.

I've gone back and forth between RM4 and RM3 and if I need rear grip RM4 is where it's at. If I need steering RM3 provides more

+1 I ran the shorty back to back to back against a standard pack and I wont go back to the standard. With the weight of standard packs getting up to the 280-300+ gram range, the 200 gram shorty just makes more sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.