Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximus79
Building the shocks tomorrow night.
What oil are people running front and rear with the stock springs?
Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
If you are building a v1 when I builook one there was a mistake in the manual and hey had the shock pistons the wrong way front to back. 6 x 1.3 go in the rear and 6 x 1.2 go in the front. I think I used to run 32.5 up front and 30 in the rear but depends on which surface you are on - I was running on grass.

Maximus79 likes this.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by REIGNMAN_SCT
Thanks for the info. I've been all over that site and have added parts to my wish list. I've also found an Ebayer in France that is shipping some parts to me. There's a decent amount of parts available on his page, and if this first order goes well, I'll most likely be picking up a few spares to keep her running for while.
I should have it up and running soon.
Yup, I've ordered from the seller in France a few times. Just buy it all and request a total for shipping as it doesn't add up correctly. They don't always have every part but the prices are decent for me (UK).

You mentioned the rango being narrower at the rear hangers compared to the intech, could you check the hole spacing on these points for me. If it's the same on both cars I wouldn't mind trying out the LRC hangers exotek made, the Intech doesn't have much chassis roll with the kit parts.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Conrad
Yup, I've ordered from the seller in France a few times. Just buy it all and request a total for shipping as it doesn't add up correctly. They don't always have every part but the prices are decent for me (UK).

You mentioned the rango being narrower at the rear hangers compared to the intech, could you check the hole spacing on these points for me. If it's the same on both cars I wouldn't mind trying out the LRC hangers exotek made, the Intech doesn't have much chassis roll with the kit parts.
Sure thing. When I get a chance, I'll post it for you to see.
Conrad likes this.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Took the DEX210 out today for the first time in a few years to a track. I have to say, I love this buggy. It is too bad Durango went out of business, they made good stuff. Anyways, hope all ya'll are having a great day!
EbbTide likes this.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone recommend the +8mm chassis vs stock for someone new to 2wd buggy?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ondaedg
Anyone recommend the +8mm chassis vs stock for someone new to 2wd buggy?
I would be shocked if someone new to 2wd buggies would be able to tell a difference between the two. I would think the +8mm chassis might be easer to drive, but maybe not as nimble in tight curves. I love Durango, but parts are getting impossible to find. If you are new to the hobby or class, you WILL break things. Heck, the top pro’s break parts and everyone in between, so not being able to get replacement parts will be a huge issue. I took my DEX210 out Sunday and had a great time, but drove with the constant thought that if I break something I don’t happen to have a spare for, the buggy is dead. Which sucks because it has all nice electronics but I don’t have the money to buy a new kit regardless of brand. My biggest suggestion is to go to the local track you will be running and buy whatever kit most people have. Being different is cool and all, but support is worth more.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BryanAZ

I would be shocked if someone new to 2wd buggies would be able to tell a difference between the two. I would think the +8mm chassis might be easer to drive, but maybe not as nimble in tight curves. I love Durango, but parts are getting impossible to find. If you are new to the hobby or class, you WILL break things. Heck, the top pro’s break parts and everyone in between, so not being able to get replacement parts will be a huge issue. I took my DEX210 out Sunday and had a great time, but drove with the constant thought that if I break something I don’t happen to have a spare for, the buggy is dead. Which sucks because it has all nice electronics but I don’t have the money to buy a new kit regardless of brand. My biggest suggestion is to go to the local track you will be running and buy whatever kit most people have. Being different is cool and all, but support is worth more.
I'm new to 2wd. I'm aware of the parts issues but I feel like I'm good for at least 12 to 18 months. The track I race has 3 180s but is rutted and bumpy hence my question on the chassis. I was thinking the 8mm chassis might keep me more stable while I learn the class.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ondaedg
I'm new to 2wd. I'm aware of the parts issues but I feel like I'm good for at least 12 to 18 months. The track I race has 3 180s but is rutted and bumpy hence my question on the chassis. I was thinking the 8mm chassis might keep me more stable while I learn the class.
I actually watched an official Team Durango YouTube video last night that said the +8mm chassis was more stable and easier to drive, so our assumptions were correct. Glad to hear you are keeping Durango alive!!! I will as well as long as I don’t break something irreplaceable!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Keepin the Durango alive!

Laydown PRS1 v3 Transmission and a list of other aftermarket goodies

Just getting into club racing at my local hobby shop Norcal Hobbies. I've been taking my Durango vehicles for a while and they always get shown some love. My DEX210 is hanging with all the latest manufacturer models. Still working on my driving skills but when I'm feeling it she can put down some hot laps.

Friday night racing with the dex210
Old 02-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Anyone who needs parts, don't hesitate to ask

For anyone still trying to keep this buggy running, I have a butt load of parts, and I don't run my 210 very often anymore so just about anything I have is up for grabs which is pretty much any stock or type b part. I don't have extra stock chassis, but I do have exotek aluminum chassis conversions.

If interested, just send me a list of stuff you need and I can give you a price.
REIGNMAN_SCT likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Faster!!!

Hey ya’ll!!! I was thinking that I can handle my buggy with a bit more speed. I currently have an old Team Powers 17.5 motor that the timing adjustment screws’ heads are stripped so I cannot bump up the timing on the can unfortunately. I am not racing currently, just practicing so I don’t need to keep the ESC in blinky mode so bumped up the speedo (Tekin RSX) to timing profile three, whatever that means. It is definitely faster than blinky. I don’t feel like taking apart the slipper to see what spur gear I have in there, but it is the smallest one I have and combined with a 29 tooth pinion and that is the biggest pinion I can run with the size spur I have. First question, does anyone have any 75 tooth spur gears (part TD310310) they would be willing to part with? Ideally I would like to up my gearing and go back to blinky on the ESC so I can race. The last time I took it to the track with my current gearing, the motor was barely warm, so I know it can handle taller gearing. What gearing are you all running for 17.5 spec?
Old 02-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BryanAZ
Hey ya’ll!!! I was thinking that I can handle my buggy with a bit more speed. I currently have an old Team Powers 17.5 motor that the timing adjustment screws’ heads are stripped so I cannot bump up the timing on the can unfortunately. I am not racing currently, just practicing so I don’t need to keep the ESC in blinky mode so bumped up the speedo (Tekin RSX) to timing profile three, whatever that means. It is definitely faster than blinky. I don’t feel like taking apart the slipper to see what spur gear I have in there, but it is the smallest one I have and combined with a 29 tooth pinion and that is the biggest pinion I can run with the size spur I have. First question, does anyone have any 75 tooth spur gears (part TD310310) they would be willing to part with? Ideally I would like to up my gearing and go back to blinky on the ESC so I can race. The last time I took it to the track with my current gearing, the motor was barely warm, so I know it can handle taller gearing. What gearing are you all running for 17.5 spec?
Hey there! I have seen a few 75T spurs on ebay and there is also a revolutions designs 72T spur on Amain available. At the moment I am running an exotek flite 69T spur with slipper eliminator and 33T pinion. I have an R1 wurks 17.5 from Rotor Ron. I had to install a fan to keep temps around 140. The motor rips pretty hard with that gearing, I've tried several gearing combos, but this seems to be the sweetspot. I haven't had any issues running the slipper eliminator.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hey ya'll!!! I went to the track to practice today only to find out that it was race day, so I decided to stay and race the DEX210! I am definitely rusty but bumped from the D main to the C main and didn't break anything, so overall it was a victory! Anyone else race their Durango's this weekend?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gearing question

Hey ya'll!!! Whaat is a good gearing combo for 17.5? I have a 69 tooth spur and 71 tooth spur I can use and 32-25 tooth pinion? What would be good for a large indoor track?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REIGNMAN_SCT
Hey there! I have seen a few 75T spurs on ebay and there is also a revolutions designs 72T spur on Amain available. At the moment I am running an exotek flite 69T spur with slipper eliminator and 33T pinion. I have an R1 wurks 17.5 from Rotor Ron. I had to install a fan to keep temps around 140. The motor rips pretty hard with that gearing, I've tried several gearing combos, but this seems to be the sweetspot. I haven't had any issues running the slipper eliminator.
I'll try that combo out! I don't have a motor fan, so I might go with a 32 pinion to control temps a little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.