Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I wish I had 3D modeled everything when I had it. I've been a 3D CAD engineer for over a decade.
Hey Fred if you're up for it i wouldn't mind sending you the goods instead to be modeled. I've got loads of exotek upgrades that can be replicated
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

just in case someone has a kinect sitting at home and want to try scanning some parts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TThFxH9U1iU
Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
just in case someone has a kinect sitting at home and want to try scanning some parts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TThFxH9U1iU
I never bought into the Kinect hype unfortunately lol but it would be pretty sweet to do

On a side note, can anyone explain to me the benefits of having dual tapered pistons compared to the regular flat pistons? Does the taper cause less pack?

Trying to figure out my next shock package. I didn't really get the feeling I wanted with 4x1.0mm tapered. I have 6x1.3 that I am thinking of trying. Would this result in less pack? Allow the car to work better over high frequency bumps?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried putting a rear sway bar on their buggy? I know that Durango doesn't offer one. Just trying to see if a kit from another buggy will fit with minor mods.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Has anyone tried putting a rear sway bar on their buggy? I know that Durango doesn't offer one. Just trying to see if a kit from another buggy will fit with minor mods.
I would like this info as well if someone is in the know

I've been very tempted to try the dex210f sway bar kit but I really don't feel like I need it on track so I haven't spent the dough on putting together the whole kit on a whim lol. I don't see why not. The arms have pivot balls for sway bars and the 210f uses the same rear arms. Even the gearbox has a spot for a bar to sit.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I never bought into the Kinect hype unfortunately lol but it would be pretty sweet to do

On a side note, can anyone explain to me the benefits of having dual tapered pistons compared to the regular flat pistons? Does the taper cause less pack?

Trying to figure out my next shock package. I didn't really get the feeling I wanted with 4x1.0mm tapered. I have 6x1.3 that I am thinking of trying. Would this result in less pack? Allow the car to work better over high frequency bumps?
6x1.3 works on big bumps at my local track. I am currently trying to get my TLR to handle the bumps as well as the dex does.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pistol123
6x1.3 works on big bumps at my local track. I am currently trying to get my TLR to handle the bumps as well as the dex does.
Thank you I think I may set up a set of shocks with the 6x1.3 and also drill out my 4x1mm to 4x1.3mm and compare them back to back. I'm still trying to get an understanding of how pack really effects things.

And on a super happy amazing note! Exotek found a prototype rear bulkhead and are sending it out with my most recent order I almost peed a little when I got that e-mail.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

It shouldn't be too hard to get the rear sway bar from the B6 to fit on the DEX210. The angle and length is almost perfect. Only concern would be that it wouldn't stay centered but I think a couple of small collars would solve that.

I'm currently trying to fit an SC10 sway bar onto my DESC210. Its not as good of a fit as the B6 one, but it looks doable too. Gonna hit the LHS and see if they have any collars I can use.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:32 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

I've modeled the famous breakable gear cover with a little thicker tabs so hopefully less breakage.

Now I think my 3D printer is a little out of calibrated to print properly....
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-gear-cover.jpg  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
I've modeled the famous breakable gear cover with a little thicker tabs so hopefully less breakage.

Now I think my 3D printer is a little out of calibrated to print properly....
Well the good thing is, you were able to pick up a couple spares from your hobby shop so you've got plenty of time to calibrate that baby and get it tuned to perfection Or drop $1000 on a new one
Old 08-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

nvm

Last edited by Kremzeek; 08-25-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Yeah that's right there I believe they go by Penguin Design or something like that. I've got one of their bodies unpainted. My usual painter has ghosted me so I'm kinda trying to find someone new lol
Hey the more the merrier! One of the reasons I chose TBG to work with was that they don't carry inventory other than the molds. Everything is made to order, usually takes about a week or two to make and arrive at my door from Canada. By not carrying any inventory, there is no need for volume or a certain amount of pre-orders to have them carry the bodies.

They carry a lot of old Tamiya and Associated bodies as well, I can't imagine they're flying off the shelves. They're just a solid, reliable source from an established company that are a pleasure to work with and offer very high quality reproductions.

Being a vintage Tamiya and RC10 collector, I've dealt with them a lot.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:30 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Hey the more the merrier! One of the reasons I chose TBG to work with was that they don't carry inventory other than the molds. Everything is made to order, usually takes about a week or two to make and arrive at my door from Canada. By not carrying any inventory, there is no need for volume or a certain amount of pre-orders to have them carry the bodies.

They carry a lot of old Tamiya and Associated bodies as well, I can't imagine they're flying off the shelves. They're just a solid, reliable source from an established company that are a pleasure to work with and offer very high quality reproductions.

Being a vintage Tamiya and RC10 collector, I've dealt with them a lot.
Does TBG only have an ebay store or a website? how do you contact them for bodies (or see what mold they have)?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

ebay store with a ton of pics.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

It's been a while since I've updated but it took a while to score an extra bulkhead for peace of mind and now I am back to reassembling things on the new chassis. But now I have a question for any aftermarket part experts out there!

I got this little carbon fiber piece with a parts lot and to me it looks like it is a camber link replacement similar to the Exotek bulkhead, except this one seems to just screw onto the back of the gearbox? Anyone know how this actually needs to be installed or who made it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.