Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I run the Exotek gear cover.
I've tried the exotek cover as well. I thought the exotek cover was just poorly made, then I tried the stock cover too, and the same rubbing occurred. It looks like either the spur sits just a tad too far off the motor plate, or the spur is a tad too big. Or the gearbox gremlins are pushing the shaft forward. Idk, I just was hoping someone had an issue in the past and it was really just some simple thing I overlooked. I've rebuilt the transmission more often than I care to mention.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I only had rubbing issues with larger pinions on the stock cover. No problems now.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to try a 5x8x2.5mm bearing like Avid recommends in their bearing kit, over the stock 5x8x3mm they include that the topshaft rides on in the gearbox. Crazy? Possibly, but I'm willing to try. If I am right, this should actually work by dropping the topshaft that .5mm I need to clear the cover. Something that shouldn't be necessary, but you gotta work with what ya got.

The pinion gear clears both gear covers, though I've only tried up to 35t.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have run 36 pinion before but this was with a 69 RW racing Spur Stock cover no clearance issues.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

On the setups that say 4 x 1.3 pistons are you guys drilling the blank ones that come with the kit or buying some ? If buying what brand and from where ? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MichaelJ
Still no word from Durango about my chassis problem. Not off to a good start with their customer service...
I would keep those pics of the chassis to provide them for an exchange and just use a countersink bit from the hardware store for now to run it. Or even a big drill bit.

Worse case scenario, they don't warranty it or maybe they never get back to you at all... but its not that big of a deal. They missed countersinking one hole, easy enough to fix and it will not affect the strength or longevity of the part.
If the hole wasn't there at all, now you have a problem.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
On the setups that say 4 x 1.3 pistons are you guys drilling the blank ones that come with the kit or buying some ? If buying what brand and from where ? Thanks.
I'm using 4 hole #56 pistons, using the blanks that came off the shock piston parts tree. I picked up some TLR machined ones, we'll see how those do next time I rebuild the shocks.

I've got 30F/27.5R in my car now, but I'll probably drop that to 27.5/25.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
I'm using 4 hole #56 pistons, using the blanks that came off the shock piston parts tree. I picked up some TLR machined ones, we'll see how those do next time I rebuild the shocks.

I've got 30F/27.5R in my car now, but I'll probably drop that to 27.5/25.
I would take a calipers to the TLR pistons. If my memory serves me correctly they and other brand (Ae, Kyosho) pistons are slightly smaller in diameter than the Durango's. they all say 12mm, but Durango pistons measure 12+, and the others are 12- depending on tool accuracy, but there is at least a .15mm difference.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Durango, please, PLEASE make parts available soon. I can't replace the stock gearbox to see if it is warped; It's been out of stock for the month and a half I've been searching; even the shady RC websites I've checked in desperation. And all of the type b parts for the type B gearbox are out of stock everywhere, so even though I ordered 3 type b gear boxes, I am no better off than I was before without them.

If someone has a spare type B rear brace and type B rear top deck, I am willing to pay retail and shipping costs.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am running on an indoor track with a mid motor setup and everyone is going back to rear motors again, what gives??? They are also leaving me in the dust! I am thinking of going to a rear motor set up. Indoor, clay, tight course. The 22's are killing me as well as Dex 210's rear motor.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Durango, please, PLEASE make parts available soon. I can't replace the stock gearbox to see if it is warped; It's been out of stock for the month and a half I've been searching; even the shady RC websites I've checked in desperation. And all of the type b parts for the type B gearbox are out of stock everywhere, so even though I ordered 3 type b gear boxes, I am no better off than I was before without them.

If someone has a spare type B rear brace and type B rear top deck, I am willing to pay retail and shipping costs.
Go back one page. A couple of us bought the new gear case from Tower yesterday.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fredswain
Go back one page. A couple of us bought the new gear case from Tower yesterday.
I was the one who posted about the type B gear case lol. I have those, it is the chassis brace and rear top deck I need in order to use the new gearbox. Which is why I still don't have anything to try because the stock gearboxes are not available, therefore I cannot try a new stock gearbox, and the Type B chassis brace/rear top deck are not available so I can't try the Type B gearbox yet either. Quite frustrating.

All I can try tonight is once again rebuild it, and wait for a new top shaft and slipper plate set to rule those out as possible culprits until Durango is kind enough to replenish their stock.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by EbbTide

You might have to buy a DEX210 V2 to get the gear box parts you need.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I am running on an indoor track with a mid motor setup and everyone is going back to rear motors again, what gives??? They are also leaving me in the dust! I am thinking of going to a rear motor set up. Indoor, clay, tight course. The 22's are killing me as well as Dex 210's rear motor.
The extra weight at the rear will help you rotate around those tight corners and then you can blast away on the throttle to the next corner.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
You might have to buy a DEX210 V2 to get the gear box parts you need.
That may be true sadly, but it doesn't stop it from being ridiculous. And I am no less distraught at the situation. Especially considering the only option may be to lay down ANOTHER $300. Awesome. Cool cool cool. That sounds reasonable for Durango's pockets at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.