Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Mine are in the mail system, I'll post an update if you want. I have both front and rear ordered.
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got the rear and a Cream front, both have put up with a low of abuse. STRC makes good stuff (I work in a hobby store and have seem lots of sub par bling products, STRC isn't one of them)
Old 12-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Currently live in southern AZ, or closer to northern Mexico if your a realist.
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shock mounts

Hey guys,
I replaced my factory plastic shock mounts with the Ti RDRC mounts. The stock plastic ones had the pivot balls molded in. What part do I use to replace the pivot balls on the aftermarket shock mounts?
Jeff
Old 12-13-2013, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lead-Lobber
Hey guys,
I replaced my factory plastic shock mounts with the Ti RDRC mounts. The stock plastic ones had the pivot balls molded in. What part do I use to replace the pivot balls on the aftermarket shock mounts?
Jeff
These
I found them on this site, I would bookmark it, as it has a ton of answers to many questions..durangofansite
Old 12-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I installed the new type B gearbox and geardiff with no shimms between the bearing and diff. If i slowly rotate the spur with my hand i can feel a part of the turn where it's quite notchy and doesn't rotate really well. Any ideas?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaank
I installed the new type B gearbox and geardiff with no shimms between the bearing and diff. If i slowly rotate the spur with my hand i can feel a part of the turn where it's quite notchy and doesn't rotate really well. Any ideas?
How did you assemble the diff? If you used a cordless drill to run in screws I you may have distorted the gear from heat or over tightened the screws. I ruined one gear from using a cordless and had to replace the gear.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

What Will Be The Main Upgrades On A DEX210 RTR
Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
How did you assemble the diff? If you used a cordless drill to run in screws I you may have distorted the gear from heat or over tightened the screws. I ruined one gear from using a cordless and had to replace the gear.
Yep, what he said..Also, if its not the distorted gear diff, look inside the case where the 2 screws hold the trans to the chassis. I have seen more than one, where too long of a screw was used, and the bulge interferes with the main gear.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Could be one of the screws that go through the diff case and into the motor mount... the bold could be rubbing on the back of your slipper and causing it to bind a little. Just add a shim to the other side of the bolt if this is the case.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCNYWOLFTEAM
What Will Be The Main Upgrades On A DEX210 RTR

I'm new to buggies so take this with a grain of salt..

I just got the DEX210 RTR. I think the must do's for durability are carbon fiber shock towers. I'd also get an extra set of front A-arms just in case.

Unless you get the STRC carbon towers with the Alu castor mounts, you will need 4 M3 button head screws, 2 M3 locknuts, and a couple M3 washers.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

a couple of question about the rtr from me 2.

I have a 8.5t motor and a hobbywing v2.1 esc layin around and was wondering if i should just throw it in the car at once without trying out the electronics that are in it from factory. track is an hour away so havent driven the car yet...

how is the stock speed of the rtr?

and that servo saver arm was a dissapointment.. how is it? it screams "crap" at me everytime i look at it
Old 12-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone using the JConcepts Finisher on a mid motor setup? I have the one off my RM and was trying to line it up with the Durango MM body and it looks like there needs to be a lot of cutting?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

again, being new to buggies, the stock 13.5T motor seems plenty fast for me. the stock servo is indeed crap. i had an extra savox for an upcoming build so i stuck it in for the time being.

bear in mind the stock esc (cirtix club race) has NO reverse mode. so i bought an used speedpassion gt pro 2.0 esc and installed that.

i raced bone stock ('cept for new tires) out of the box this past saturday in mod 2wd buggy, and came in 6th out of 10.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks For The Advice
Originally Posted by chillindrdude

I'm new to buggies so take this with a grain of salt..

I just got the DEX210 RTR. I think the must do's for durability are carbon fiber shock towers. I'd also get an extra set of front A-arms just in case.

Unless you get the STRC carbon towers with the Alu castor mounts, you will need 4 M3 button head screws, 2 M3 locknuts, and a couple M3 washers.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
again, being new to buggies, the stock 13.5T motor seems plenty fast for me. the stock servo is indeed crap. i had an extra savox for an upcoming build so i stuck it in for the time being.

bear in mind the stock esc (cirtix club race) has NO reverse mode. so i bought an used speedpassion gt pro 2.0 esc and installed that.

i raced bone stock ('cept for new tires) out of the box this past saturday in mod 2wd buggy, and came in 6th out of 10.
thanks man. ill try out the stock setup first. im pretty new to buggys aswell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.